Performance issue on posting normal invoice

NaviDevNaviDev Member Posts: 365
Hi,

We have implemented inventory of navision "without cost post to g/l" as we normaly do. And by the mid of the project the client management decided to change the process to "automatically post costing to g/l". But suddenly after changing the setup, posting of normal invoice with minimal number of lines in it (1 - 5 lines) takes 3 minutes of posting. Now, I am stock in a corner how to solve the issue ](*,) . Any suggestions and opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Navision noob....

Comments

• MBergerMBerger Member Posts: 413
    Performance issues are always a pain to solve, but the first step is using the Client monitor. Run this while posting an invoice, and afterwards analyze if there are 1) statements that take a lot of time to complete or 2) statements that get called excessively.
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    The above is a good place to start. Look at the SIFT. I've always found that tuning SIFT, on involved tables, can result in sizable improvements in posting performance.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    as written in the on-line help for the "automatically post costing to g/l" option, it can have impact to the performance... and you have it...

But this can be solved by common "medicines". Just check the forum for more info. (but do not request that the performance will be same like without this option, it will never be same...) :wink:
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    also after perfomance tuning why automatic "post costing to g/l" ? You really need the datas in the Financemanagement at the same time?
    Most of my customers post the costs to G/L at night with a batch job. First cost adjustment and then "post costing".

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • hansikahansika Member Posts: 373
    Hi Masters,

Thatmeans what your suggestion is

should not place a check mark in Post inventory cost G/L and automatic cost adjustment = never

we need to run the batch Jobs AICE, post inventory cost to G/l manually at night .

is it correct :-k
    hansika