Word/Excel Buttons

satraja2004satraja2004 Member Posts: 45
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me how word/excel buttons in the menu bar works and the basic concept behind this,

i no it's very late to ask this, as i am new to navision, i need ur's help.
Thanks & Regards

Raja.B

Comments

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Start the NAV on-line help, and type "style sheets" in the field on the Index-tab:
    You can export data from card windows and lists in Microsoft Dynamics NAV to other programs, such as Microsoft Office Word or Excel.

The data is exported as an XML file, and the file is formatted using a style sheet that has been imported into Microsoft Dynamics NAV.

You use the Manage Style Sheets window to import and export style sheets, and view the list of style sheets. Changes that you make in this window apply to all users of the database.

There are default style sheets installed with Microsoft Dynamics NAV, which can be used to export any form to Word or Excel. You need to import a new style sheet if you want to export to another program. You can also import style sheets that are made especially for one particular form in Microsoft Dynamics NAV.

The download Microsoft Dynamics NAV Style Sheet Tool v1.1 contains a pdf with detailed instructions how to create those Style Sheets.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • satraja2004satraja2004 Member Posts: 45
    Thanks for your reply mate

Am a newbie to navision and i have some queries

Is it possible to export any report to excel/word using the menu bar excel/word icon ?

i was successful in exporting with automation but my question is can we do it with the menubar icons??

THANKS IN ADVANCE :|
    Thanks & Regards

Raja.B
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Yes you can.

But mind the maximum of 5000 records (which is set up in the Tools/Options)

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
    And I wouldn't start coding in the process either... .

Eric Wauters
    My blog
    Hi Waldo,

Thanks for ur valuable help, it would me more helpfull for me that if u can attach or explain any detailed procedure for doing so.

Thanks in Advance :)
    Thanks & Regards

Raja.B
    @satraja2004

Why don't you follow my advise to download the tool and read the pdf-file? ](*,)
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
    Hi Luc,

Thanks for ur PDF FIle, just now i saw it, i will work on it.
    Thanks & Regards

Raja.B
    Luckily, because I didn't know what to answer :mrgreen:

Eric Wauters
    My blog
    Saved by the bell :lol:
    Luc

i went throught the pdf you sent me it was very helpful in knowing the stylesheet tool :D

but i need to know can i do the same in the report generation :|

is it possible for me to export the report into excel/word by clicking the menu bar icon :-k
    Thanks & Regards

Raja.B
    No, you can't.

The stylesheets are not meant to export reports to Word or Excel.
    Luc

Thanks for your information, you are doing a great job =D>
    Thanks & Regards

Raja.B
    HI

I would like to know why exporting a report to excel/word through menu bar is not possible mate :-k

can you please explain me else can you share any document :?
    Thanks & Regards

Raja.B
    It is by design.

If you want to have the output of your reports in Excel, you can print your report to a virtual printer (similar as used when creating a pdf from a report). Have a look at http://www.print2excel.com .
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    No, you can't.

The stylesheets are not meant to export reports to Word or Excel.

But doesn't this make you wonder if maybe they at one stage had different plans? :-k
    David Singleton
    Hm, good point!
    May be they have plans for in the future... :-k

Eric Wauters
    My blog
    But doesn't this make you wonder if maybe they at one stage had different plans? :-k
    I stopped wondering a long time ago, why some icons are visible while they don't have a use ... #-o
  • kamil_czkamil_cz Member Posts: 7
    Hello,

Quick question. Did somebody manage to use style sheets for reports? I have checked the Stylesheet Tool 2.0 but I don't see any way how to use it for reports. My intention is to use new stylesheet for report to format number fields correctly and not as text when exported to excel. I mean the Save as Excel option within the RTC report. I would like to get this working in NAV 2009 RTC obviously. Is it possible at all?

Thanks