Deploy Microsoft Dynamics 5 through MSI packages

maartenverbaanmaartenverbaan Member Posts: 3
Hello all,

We got a CD with Navision 5 on it.
There is a file, that i believe is the client: cddrive\CsideClient\Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 SP1 CSIDE Client en-NL.msi

Does anyone know what the parameters are to install a the NAV client? This so that we can deploy the client through Active Directory or scripting. I dont want to go by every computer and install it manualy.

:!: To make it more difficult, Navision 3.10.A is already installed on the workstations and should stay operational besides the new version...

So far, i tried just starting the msi package with the /q parameter, and it does something, but i dont see it installed.

Thanks in advance for all the help you guys are going to give me! :wink:
roses are red
violets are blue
all of my base
are belong to you

Comments

• MBergerMBerger Member Posts: 413
  • maartenverbaanmaartenverbaan Member Posts: 3
    Yea, well, I already got that far, but i managed to sort it out.

When i started the msi as msiexec /i msdyn.msi /qr it gave me an error saying it was missing some files, So now i made it install from our network source and everything went well.

So, msi package was damaged. Thats why i couldnt do it.

1 question still pending, how do I use Nav 3.10a and version 5 next to each other.
    roses are red
    violets are blue
    all of my base
    are belong to you
  • MBergerMBerger Member Posts: 413
    1 question still pending, how do I use Nav 3.10a and version 5 next to each other.
    Multiple NAV versions can co-exist, as long as they are installed in different folder. I myself have every NAV version from 2.5 upwardso n my laptop here.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    If you're on Vista, anything before 4.0 SP3 will have to go into a VPC running XP.