NAV - Error with license change

RS8RS8 Member Posts: 121
1. In Posted Purchase Receipt, while performing "Undo Receipt", i receive error message
"You do not have permission to delete from the Whse. Item Entry Relation table". I was using customer license and testing i got the above error.

2. And while i am modifying records in Sales Invoice Header table, i receive error message
"You do not have permission to modify records in Sales Invoice Header table".

I received error while iam testing with customer license file, is that any granule missing in the license file. And where i have to look in this case. can any one give a solution.

Comments

• MBergerMBerger Member Posts: 413
    Regarding the Sales Invoices : Normally, you aren't allowed to change your already posted invoices, so in the VERY RARE occasion you want to do that ( we do it sometiems to change a custom boolean flag that sets if an invoice has been sent via EDI ), you'll have to make a purpose-built form/report/codeunit which you give permission via the properties to change that table.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    I would guess that this is your very first Navision implementation.

We see this a lot when a partner is new to Navision, and against all advise and recommendations given to them, they test using their developer license instead of using the customer license. Even worse is if they find issues when the client goes live, and so they "accidentally" leave their partner license for he client to use till "Microsoft resolves the licensing issues".

Basically you need to understand licensing and the way it works. Don't leave it till go live date with the customer, and then blame Microsoft fro sending the wrong license.
    David Singleton