How to Import Sales Order with Inv Disc Amt

selece28selece28 Member Posts: 316
Hi Nav Masters,
I have a problems,
My client want to import from csv file into Sales Order.
They want to create a few Sales Order with the same Lines.
So with a csv file it will make their job a lot easier.
I have manage to import from the file into a few Sales Order.

My problem is on insert the "Inv Disc Amount" ?
let say for 1 SO we have 3 lines on our csv file.
When first import i insert the "Inv Disc Amount" with (Total Invoice Discount / Total Line Amount * Line Amount )
For the 2nd and 3rd i just recalculate and update the previous one.
But later on i found that sometimes the Total of all "Inv Disc Amount" in my Sales Line is not the same, (If i use F9) the totals is not the same as my amount in csv file.
I know this is because the rounding precission problems.

Can someone help me, is there any way so i can insert it like when i press F9 then input on the "Inv. Discount Amount" field?
Because i try on standard Nav flow with F9, the system can split the "Inv. Discount Amount" exactly the same as the Total Inv. Discount Amount.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Steven

Comments

• DivyaDivya Member Posts: 125
    Hi,

If u see in the "Sales header" table, the following fields will be available

Invoice Discount Calculation : None
    Invoice Discount Value : 0

insert the value as follows

Invoice Discount Calculation : Amount
    Invoice Discount Value : <Discount value>

try it out.. :?
    Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat
  • selece28selece28 Member Posts: 316
    Hi,
    Are you sure? I think if we insert on header it wont split in the lines.

Thanks

Regards,
    Steven
    Actually my thought was "Invoice Discount amount" is the discount amount of whole sales order... not in the specific line..

If you want to split into 2 sales lines, you have to use "Line Discount Amount" (Sales line). Not "Invoice discount amount" (Sales header).
    Hi,
    Yes i know about Line Discount Amount.
    But i need to insert into Invoice Discount Amount so that Nav can split it automatically.
    This is because my client don't want to use Line Discount Amount.
    They only use Invoice Discount Amount.

Is there any other way to do this?
    Any suggestion?

Best Regards

Regards,
    Steven
    ok.. Try in this way.. Insert "Inv Disc Amount" field in the Sales header, and at the same time write a code to update "Inv Disc Amount" equally in the Sales Line also. I think it will be work.

Try it out :-k
    Hi,
    try that before, the problem is we cannot split it manually.
    Because i see NAV can split it so that even all the lines have decimals, when we sum up
    the amount will be exactly the same as the total Invoice Disc Amount that we insert on F9 <Sales Statistic> Form.
    I think it before if i split it manually with the proportional logic and update on everytime i insert the lines, I will end up sometimes having example 13,99 USD, instead of 14 USD that i insert with manual way from F9 <Sales Statistics> Form.

If no other way than my client must insert it manually :)

Thanks

Regards,
    Steven
  • martin2008martin2008 Member Posts: 10
    selece28 wrote:
    Hi,
    try that before, the problem is we cannot split it manually.
    Because i see NAV can split it so that even all the lines have decimals, when we sum up
    the amount will be exactly the same as the total Invoice Disc Amount that we insert on F9 <Sales Statistic> Form.
    I think it before if i split it manually with the proportional logic and update on everytime i insert the lines, I will end up sometimes having example 13,99 USD, instead of 14 USD that i insert with manual way from F9 <Sales Statistics> Form.

If no other way than my client must insert it manually :)

Thanks

I don't know how NAV does it, but if the difference is always very small (0.01, 0.02), can you not just do a check at the end of the import and apply the difference to the last line?
    Hehehe, hi martin2008
    I also have think of that way too.
    I will use this way as the final way if i can't find a way to insert it into nav's original flow and have nav do the calculation.
    But anyway, i thanks everybody for the suggestions, it helps a lot :)

Regards,
    Steven
  • dimusdimus Member Posts: 24
    I'm facing the same dilemma and was just wondering if anybody has done it before.

Thank you for your suggestions.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    has anyone tried entering one sales order correctly & then use the copy document feature?
  • sivibisivibi Member Posts: 1
    Hi all, I'm trying to create new Sales Order with information come from a csv file. But I always got error message due to Navision validate the data I enter. Anyone have experience this before? please share your experience with me. Many thanks
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    In the future, you should create a new post for you new question.

Anyway, here's a post:
    viewtopic.php?t=16024

Remember the search feature will help you alot.
    search.php

And please be detailed on your problem and what you have tried.
    Telling us you have errors and not telling what exactly those errors were will make it hard to help you with your problem.