Payments on behalf

dynavigator1dynavigator1 Member Posts: 8
Hi Experts,

I am looking for a functionality for payments on behalf where the Head Office manages payments for the other companies. I am having a single database with multiple companies:

I have 3 companies namely Company A, Company B, Company C. The Vendor V0001 is common across all the three companies.

Vendor V0001 has three invoices 10000 each in all the three companies.

Company A 10000
Company B 10000
Company C 10000

Company A does a payment on behalf for Company B and Company C when the Vendor V0001 is paid at the end of the month.

Company A
Vendor account .......Dr (for Company A's Invoice)
Company B. ............Dr.
Company C..............Dr.
Bank Account ...........Cr.

Company B
Vendor account.......Dr. (for Company B's Invoice)
Company A...............Cr.

Company C
Vendor account.......Dr. (for Company C's Invoice)
Company A...............Cr.

Has anyone come across this type of a functionality before.

Your advices are highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dynavigator

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    I would use the intercompany functionality to handle your request. Essentially, you need to sell your A/P to Company A. You would need to set Vendor A as a IC partner.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Can we use suggest vendor payment functionality to pay the Vendor A (invoices due in all the companies) and the payment being applied in all the companies?
    As far as I know we cannot call codeunit by using CHANGECOMPANY option.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    It's possible and I've done it before where the vendor ledger is shared between all companies. That particular company was implemented in version 2.0 where intercompany functionality didn't exist (or was very bad). I wouldn't recommend going that route again... Not to mention that you'll have a hell of a time upgrading.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    This can be a complex issue, but the complexity is not so much Navision, as it is defining your business processes.

You need to decide the level of details needed per payment and how everything will be reconciled.

For example you might want to create IC accounts, where all payments are consolidated and then each day one bulk adjustment is made that will settle the differences. Or you may need to actually see the detail of every payment in every company seperately.

In general though what you need can be done pretty much out of the box with Navision, so long as you are not expecting the whole thing to be 100% automatic.
    David Singleton
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    The requirement as narrated to me is as follow:
    Each company will book all the entries normally for the complete month and on month end only one company will run the suggest vendor batch job and make payment to all the vendors. The payment should include invoices due to the vendor in all the companies. One posting should settle vendor account in all the companies.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • dynavigator1dynavigator1 Member Posts: 8
    Hi Experts,

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Its great news that this has been done using the out of the box functionality.

The scenario is like this where Company A manages all the accounts of rest of the companies. The Vendor Invoices that are outstanding for other companies also need to be paid by Company A. But the requirement is to do this in a single step rather than getting into the individual companies and key in journals.
    For example you might want to create IC accounts, where all payments are consolidated and then each day one bulk adjustment is made that will settle the differences. Or you may need to actually see the detail of every payment in every company seperately.

Is my understanding correct that I should have individual Intercompany accounts for each company that I have in my database and for each vendor.

Scenario:

Invoice of $1000 in Company B for Vendor V0001

Step 1:
    From Company A I need to have a report to say that Company B has an outstanding invoice of $1000

Step 2:
    Company A posts a General Journal from Bank to IC Account(Company B)

Step 3:
    Change Company A to Company B

Step 4:
    Choose the Invoices to pay from Company B and Pay the Vendor from the IC Account by posting a Payment Journal

What I am trying here is to truncate Step 3 and Step 4 by a mod or any workaround. Since we have a restriction here in calling the codeunits in other companies the posting can happen from Company B, but still the journals be created in Company B once the Intercompany invoices are paid in Company A.

With Regards,

Dynavigator
  • dynavigator1dynavigator1 Member Posts: 8
    Hi Experts,

Any Suggestions....

With Regards,

Dynavigator