Options

How to add embedded image to the report?

TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
edited 2008-12-09 in NAV Three Tier
Has anyone tried to add embedded image to NAV 2009 report in VS?

Answers

• Options
    clauslclausl Member Posts: 455
    Yes, here is how it is done:

1. Design Report you want add a embedded image on.
    2. Select "View/Layout" to open Visual Studio.
    3. Now select "Report/Embedded Images..." I'm using Visual Studio Web Express 2005 this might be place different in Visual Studio 2008.
    4. Select "New Image..." to add the image you want to embed into the report.
    5. Your Image is now added to list. Select "OK" to add image.
    6. Now to add to the image. From the "Toolbox" drop a image control onto your report.
    7. With the image control selected, set the property "Source=Embedded" under "Data"
    8. If you added your image correctly in step 5 you will now be able to select this image from the property "Value".
    9. Embedded is now added to your report. Save and close Visual Studio.
    10. Import updated RDLC into the Report in Classic Client. And compile the report.
    11. Run the report from RoleTailored client.

Let me know if this was where you where after.

Regards,
    Claus
    Claus Lundstrøm | MVP | Senior Product Manager | Continia.com
    I'm blogging here:http://mibuso.com/blogs/clausl and used to blog here: http://blogs.msdn.com/nav
    I'm also offering RDLC Report Training, ping me if you are interested. Thanks to the 700 NAV developers that have now already been at my training. You know you can always call if you have any RDLC report issues :-)
  • Options
    TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    Thanks Claus,

I found same solution as well. It's strange however, that wizard for image doesn't work, when selecting image from the toolbox.
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    clausl wrote: »
    Yes, here is how it is done:
    Thx for this (old) tip Claus. Needed it today :)

No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)