Printing Multiple Documents

navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
Hi All,

Plz Share your knowledge.....

I’m printing a report on a pre-printed paper and when I print a single document, it prints fine.
Means it print every thing well against every pre- printed Caption.
But Problem arises when I try to print multiple documents.
What Printer is doing that is it print First document well, and snatching some part from the next pre- printed page (Page No 2) and than print and every thing going wrong.

What can I do to resolve this problem??
](*,)
Now or Never

Comments

• markborgesmarkborges Member Posts: 170
    Hi navuser1,

I've had this problems lots of times, specially with Continuous Forms (I think this is your case)... In this kinds of documents, 264mm height is VERY DIFFERENT from 265mm height.... that's why the first document is always right, and the others start to get messed up.

It's a very hard job of fine adjusting of page sizes and margins. When I say "fine adjusting" I mean that sometimes you must do this milimeter by milimeter so that you can find the perfect size of the page you are using to print these multiples documents.

Sometimes the page says to be A4, but the printing area is smaller because of the margins and so on.

My tip is to adjust some of the sections (maybe the footer section) of your report and decrease/increase milimeter by milimeter so that you can find the exactly correct size of the page. If you don't have access to your report code, then, you must adjust a "Custom Paper Size" in your printer and, again, do the "milimeter by milimeter" work to find the correct page size...

Hope this helps... :wink:
    Marcelo Borges
    D365 Business Central Solutions Architect
    BC AL/NAV C/AL Developer
    BC Repositories.com
  • tihomirjurtihomirjur Member Posts: 21
    You will NEVER manage to set the height property right so all pages print properly for large numbers of pages. After 50 or 100 pages you will definitely get errors. If you can set it up for first 50 pages and tell the customer to print 50 by 50 then you're fine.
    So my advice is either use a predefined paper size or do a printing without graphic interface (in which case you send everything to notepad and trigger printers functions for page breaks)
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    Thanks to both of U =D>
    Now or Never