Report Design and multiple NAV Clients

hardikithardikit Member Posts: 20
Dear All,

I am working on NAV 4.0 SP3. Can i have dynamic column names in a report? like we can have multiple records when a textbox put in a Body section of a report. Can i have it for the columns?

One more doubt is can i have more than one client installed on one machine like NAV 4.0 sp3 and NAV 5.0? can i work on them differently?

Its urgent. Please help me

Regards
Navision Developer
Regards
HardikNav

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    can i have more than one client installed on one machine like NAV 4.0 sp3 and NAV 5.0?

install NAV 5 and copy only the Clientfolder from NAV 4 on HDD. Use for both seperate zup file.
    But note, when u use the 4.03 client, it can bring some errors when you need in you application some dlls or some else. These dlls maybe in a never version because you have installed 5.0. On the other hand, you can use Virtual PCs. For example for your testenvironments (4,5, test with vista, test with a newer version of SQL, etc.). <- Thats what i do to have a "clean" system.

to set "dynamic coloumn names" you can define different sections or you use instead of a label a textbox and set the value of your sourceexpression dynamicly.

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • hardikithardikit Member Posts: 20
    thank you ,

but doubt regarding dynamic columns is still there let me make more clear. i have to design a report which has to show no. of customers as columns which is location wise so the client wants location in a row and customers as columns and each location wise no of customers will vary sometimes it has one customer and sometimes it has 10 customers.

How can i do this? is this kind of a matrix report? any kind of report available in local Cronus DB?

Thank you
    Regards
    Navision Developer
    Regards
    HardikNav
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You can only "simulate" this in limited way using e.g. arrays. Look at report like number 8. There are "dynamics" periods as columns...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    a matrix report as you need is not so easy possible.
    OK, you can use a Array or some else, but you are limited (Papersize, width, no of values).
    why not using separate DataItems (for example using table "Integer") as loop table?
    Do you make it right, it works too!