what process calls CU 5054 - WordManagement?

jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
this is probably a stupid question, but what do i have to do in NAV to call CU 5054 natively? i want to watch it work through debugger.

i tried creating interactions, segments, etc. and all it keeps doing is calling attachment management, not word management. I cannot do anything to get it to run this codeunit. :oops: there are no users here currently using any of this functionality, so I turn to you! what am i doing wrong?

The Word Automation instructions discussed in the Applications Designer Guide suggest a method of automation different from that in CU 5054, and a lot of threads here say i should be looking at this CU to figure out how to do what i want to do, which is populate fields in a .dot Word file. i have another thread up about that, so i'll leave the details out of this posting.
kind of fell into this...

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    one way to know which objects call a codeunit or other object is to export all objects as text and import it on DevToolkit. There you can search for it.
    An other way is to search self, like with wordpad, for the ID 5054.
    And the easiest way is: export this object (in this case cu 5054) as fob from your TESTDATABASE, then delete it in your TESTDATABASE, mark all objects in your TESTDATABASE, compile all Objects. And now you see all objects where a error is. OK, there are also other objects like form "ADCS Encryption" because a DLL or some else is missing on your computer. But you cas also see the object(s) that use your codeunit.

To answer your question: For example table Attachment (5062) or table "Interaction Tmpl. Language" (5103) use this codeunit.

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    thanks, but I do not have access to the Dev Tool Kit, unless it is on CustomerSource and i cannot find it?

I was hoping for more of a functional answer than a techical answer - such as, you need to go to a Contact and press the contact button and then you'll see some menu item you didn't notice before and when you click on that, it will attempt to use the wordmgmt CU.

as I mentioned, I was trying to click through different options i have never used before, with code coverage turned on and nothing seemed to call the CU.

thanks, i guess i will look at the Attachement mgmt CU and try to reverse engineer what i need to do to get this CU to trigger the CU i want to observe.

any other advice is appreciated!
    kind of fell into this...