I want to transform Custom Forms of NAV 2009 into Pages in order to run them at a Role Tailored Client. For the sake of it, I had used Transformation Tool Kit but after going through a series of steps. I am unable to do it.
The steps for Transformation, which I follwed are,
1) Open a classic client, go to Object Designer and import the files DevTool.fob and TIF.fob from the folder TransformationTool\TIF Editor\
2) Create a new form in NAV, as simple as possible (or you can also use your existing forms). For example a Card form based on the customer table, with just a few fields on it. This is the form you want to transform.
Setup and use the Transformation tool:
3) Run, form 97000 "Transformation Forms"
4) Click Setup -> "Import PageType - FormType mapping", and select the file TransformationTool\TIF Editor\FormToPagetypeMapping.txt.
5) Click Setup again -> Get Forms. Filter on Type = Form, and ID = the new form(or existing one), then click OK. This gets the form(s) that you want to transform.
6) In the FormType field, select "Card" ("Form with TabControl only and a source table").
Run the transformation:
7) Export the settings from form 97000: Click on Functions -> Create Transformation Input "Transform Pages". You must export it to the TransformationTool folder, and it must be called TransformPages.xml.
8 ) From Object Designer, export the form (File -> Export) as xml.You must export it to the folder TransformationTool, and it must be called Forms.xml.
You now have the form you want to transform, and the meta-data that tells the TranformationTool how to transform it.
9) Run the file FormTransformation.exe from the TransformationTool folder. This generates a new file called Pages.xml. It also logs any progress or errors in the file Transformation.log.
Import the new page:
10) Back in NAV (classic client): Go to Object Designer, and import the file Pages.xml, and then compile it.
If all steps ran without any errors, you have now transformed your form into a page which can be displayed in the rolebased client.
Now, the Pages.XML is generated all the times without any errors but when I am going to run them into a Role Tailored Client, it gives error, i.e., "The Object MetaData does not exist."
Can anyone help me out to successfully run my 'Custom Forms' into Role Tailored Client or any other idea of "Transformation of Forms into Pages for Role Tailored Client" ?