Converting mysql statement to Navision c/al codes

asemberengasembereng Member Posts: 220
I was running a payroll application using php and mysql.. Pretty nice application we had. Now my boss wants me to implement this on Navision. I am new to navision. But i managed to design all the tables and forms that i need.
On my the php version this is the way i used to generate a payroll.. I used mysql statement to go through tables, select data from these tables dumb to their history tables; just to keep records.

How can i achieve this on Navision.. from eg select all employee ids from the employee table, select allowances related to this employee from the allowance table, deductions from the deductions table and dump these data into the history table to their respective field.
thanks.

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    There's really no such thing as converting MySQL Statements to C/AL code. You could of course develop this functionality in C/AL, but it won't be as easy as just translating MySQL statements into C/AL.
  • asemberengasembereng Member Posts: 220
    Yes, can you show me using coding and the examples of the table given on my previous post.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    No I can't do that. First you give me no specifics of what you need. Second I don't know the structure of those tables. Even if I knew what you wanted, I wouldn't know how to do it. If you have a developer license, you can look at standard code and see how things happen in there, and apply what you see there to the functionality you need.

You might want to see about studying the development training material. There are also a number of books that might be helpful to you.