Calculate Regenerative Plan - Error in 5.0 SP1

UmknixUmknix Member Posts: 11
When I ran "Calculate Regenerative Plan" on the Planning Worksheet I get a different result from other versions.
Item Settings: Replenishment System: Prod. Order, Manufacturing Policy: Make-To-Order
Normally I get one Prod. Order with a couple of indented lines. In 5.0 SP1 I get a couple of Prod. Orders with only one line [-X
(by the way: in NAV 2009 I get one PO with one line and an other with the rest of the indented lines)

Did anyone fix this problem?

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    The completely re-wrote the engine in SP1 and there is a white paper on it which I beleive is referenced on another post here.

Looks like the re-write has brought with it a whole lot of issues.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • schpidischpidi Member Posts: 25
    hi,

we had the same problem, we want all of our multi-level bom manufactured in one production order,
    but the system always wants to create separated production orders.

i think there are two possible ways to reach the goal:

1) use the simplified "Order Planning" instead of the "Planning Worksheet"
    If you run the Calculate plan here, the system will give you something like a hirarchical tree view of the demand.
    If you make the orders from the "Order Planning" you will receive one production order with several lines for all the levels of the item BOM.
    Be aware that this window is very simplified and does not have full functionality like the "Planning Worksheet"
    "Order Planning" does not consider all settings in the item card, SKU and so on (during my tests)

2) use the "Planning Worksheet", but only calculate the plan for filter "low-level-code" = 0 in the first step
    then the system only plans your hightes level (usually the finished product).
    next step is to carry out the messages and generate production orders in status "Planned"
    until now you still have only one level (finished product)
    now you do the "refresh" for all your planned orders (keep all the checkboxes like nav suggests).
    this refresh will copy the lower levels of your item bom into the production order and will make a backwards calculation
    to be sure that I have the standard costs in the production order, I additionally execute the "Update Unit Cost" with "Update Reservations".
    Afterwards you can change the status to "Firm Planned" to avoid the system that it deletes your orders again

Be aware that with method 2 the system don´t care about the availability situation of the lower levels.
    that means if you have a semi-finished item / assembly group in the production order,
    a possible quantity on stock would not be considered!
    But if you really run Make-To-Order, you should not have so much stock quantities for assembly groups.

Because method 1 seems to be buggy and "to simple" (sounds strange i know :)),
    we decided to use the method 2 and for us it is working fine now.

Kind Regards,
    schpidi
  • UmknixUmknix Member Posts: 11
    We got a workaround from MS to solve this problem. It seems to work fine. \:D/
    Hope they'll make a Hotfix, I think it's necessary.
    Orginal Code:
    WeAreSureThatDatesMatch := TRUE; // We assume this is true at this point.....
    :whistle: