Excise @ Service Tax

dynamics_prasanthdynamics_prasanth Member Posts: 153
I am new to India Localization. Can anyone instruct me, how to setup Excise and Service Tax in NAV 5?

Comments

• vijayandersonvijayanderson Member Posts: 207
    Hi prasanth,

Can you be more specific, do you want setup separtely for Service tax and Excise or Service tax & Excise together.

Note: As far as i know excise is for Manufacturing and Servicetax is for trading , so i dont think both tax would apply for same process.

Can you give more insight on your requirement.

regards,
    Vijay
  • dynamics_prasanthdynamics_prasanth Member Posts: 153
    Hi Vijay,
    Thank you for responding. I want both Excise and Service Tax Seperately. My purpose is to post a purchase order with all associated taxes. This should reflect in the Reports and Ledger entries. Previously I was working in Middle East where the Tax setup was totaly absent. I just want a basic idea about how to prepare these Tax setups and what all things I should remember while preparing them.

Regards
  • vijayandersonvijayanderson Member Posts: 207
    Hi prasanth

Glad i could help. Intially you need to Set up Vat posting group for vat , but for indian scenario you need give setup for vat in Sales tax, Exise in Excise posting setup. Service tax setup. and then the required combination can be done through Structures.

Regards,
    Vijay
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    I suggest you refer to the manuals. They are quite extensive and self explanatory.
    Not sure with the Version 5, but they are available when you download hotfix of version 4 SP3.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in