Reservation Entry with the Source Type 32

offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 21
Hi,

We were getting some various errors of Reservation Entry. When i searched Table 337 i saw that there are entries which Source Type is 32 and the Reservation Type=Reservation caused the error. When i delete them it is ok and the problem solved but i need to know where those entries originated from?

When and why does Navision 4.0 SP3 inserts a record to table 337 with the Reservation Type = Reservation and Source Type=32?

(See Attached file)

Best Regards and thanks

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    There is no documentation for Reservation Entry,and how the entries suppose to be displayed or inserted, or modified or deleted.

For me, it basically trial and error and experience with the table. Writing all the different scenario is virtually imposible.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 21
    ara3n wrote:
    There is no documentation for Reservation Entry,and how the entries suppose to be displayed or inserted, or modified or deleted.

For me, it basically trial and error and experience with the table. Writing all the different scenario is virtually imposible.

Hi ara3n;

I know it is hard to write down all different scenarios but at least i need to start from somewhere. Maybe starting from Source Type 32 (as referencing Item Ledger Entry table). Anyway i asked this if anyone ahs experienced this kind of "unexplained" manner of Navision and maybe suggest a method or demo scenario for me to trace this.

Best Regards
  • SilverXSilverX Member Posts: 134
    Hi offshoot,

as mentioned above, there are many possible scenarios. But as a starting point, a will explain a simple demo i made:

In general, two entries for every reservation are made with the same Entry No. One Positive, one NOT Positive. The first entry (NOT Positive) is the source the reservation is made FOR, the second (Positive) is the entry the reservation is made FROM.

In the screenshot you see two reservations (four entries) for Item No. 70060 from Location BLUE (BLAU in germany) with a quantity of 1:

The first entry shows, that the reservation is made FOR a Sales Line (Source Type = 37) with No. 1002 (Source ID), Type = Order = 1 (Source Subtype), Line No. = 10000 (Source Ref. No). It is reserved FROM physical inventory (second line, Item Ledger Entry) Table 32 (Source Type), Entry No. 112 (Source Ref. No.). The Source ID and Source Subtype are not used with a Source Type of 32. This is done by entering a Sales Line in a Sales Order --> Functions --> Reserve... --> cursor on Summary Type = Item Ledger Entry --> Functions --> Reserve from Current Line.

The third entry shows, that the reservation is made FOR a Sales Line (Source Type = 37) with No. 1002 (Source ID), Type = Order = 1 (Source Subtype), Line No. = 20000 (Source Ref. No). It is reserved FROM a Purchase Order (forth line, Purchase Line) Table 39 (Source Type), Purchase Order No. 106014 (Source ID), Document Type = Order = 1 (Source Subtype), Line No. 10000 (Source Ref. No.) This is done by entering a (second) Sales Line in a Sales Order --> Functions --> Reserve... --> cursor on Summary Type = Purchase Line, Order --> Functions --> Reserve from Current Line.

So for these two reservations four Reservation Entries are created. Hope that helps as a starting point for further investigation of your issue.

Greets,
    Carsten
    Cheers
    Carsten

==> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
  • offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 21
    Hi Carsten,

Thank you for your valuable information. That helped me so much in order to understand the method especially reservation from physical inventory.
    I continued inspecting under the code of "Why Navision does reservation if it is not from "Reserve Functionality" that had been mentioned below"
    Because Sales Order issuer doesnt have option to do reservation in theirs screen in our design. So that it has to come from an item which is selected and validated on the current line or it was from the customer which they have selected in Header.

Then i realised that Item was not specified as "Reserve: Always" in the Card but the Customer was "Reserve: Always. So that previously Navision copied the information to Sales Header and did the reservation accordingly.

Anyway, it is solved now.

Thank you for your valueable efforts.

Best Regards

SilverX wrote:
    Hi offshoot,

as mentioned above, there are many possible scenarios. But as a starting point, a will explain a simple demo i made:

In general, two entries for every reservation are made with the same Entry No. One Positive, one NOT Positive. The first entry (NOT Positive) is the source the reservation is made FOR, the second (Positive) is the entry the reservation is made FROM.

In the screenshot you see two reservations (four entries) for Item No. 70060 from Location BLUE (BLAU in germany) with a quantity of 1:

The first entry shows, that the reservation is made FOR a Sales Line (Source Type = 37) with No. 1002 (Source ID), Type = Order = 1 (Source Subtype), Line No. = 10000 (Source Ref. No). It is reserved FROM physical inventory (second line, Item Ledger Entry) Table 32 (Source Type), Entry No. 112 (Source Ref. No.). The Source ID and Source Subtype are not used with a Source Type of 32. This is done by entering a Sales Line in a Sales Order --> Functions --> Reserve... --> cursor on Summary Type = Item Ledger Entry --> Functions --> Reserve from Current Line.

The third entry shows, that the reservation is made FOR a Sales Line (Source Type = 37) with No. 1002 (Source ID), Type = Order = 1 (Source Subtype), Line No. = 20000 (Source Ref. No). It is reserved FROM a Purchase Order (forth line, Purchase Line) Table 39 (Source Type), Purchase Order No. 106014 (Source ID), Document Type = Order = 1 (Source Subtype), Line No. 10000 (Source Ref. No.) This is done by entering a (second) Sales Line in a Sales Order --> Functions --> Reserve... --> cursor on Summary Type = Purchase Line, Order --> Functions --> Reserve from Current Line.

So for these two reservations four Reservation Entries are created. Hope that helps as a starting point for further investigation of your issue.

Greets,
    Carsten