FORM Field Validations - Plz Help !!

pskannaapskannaa Member Posts: 138
Hi,

I'm new to NAV technology, I have some few basic questions for FORM validations..

Eg: I'm having FORM Fields below:

Customer No:

Customer Type:

Customer Contact:

Validation:

1. The above all fields are manditary, When i Close the FORM or When i move Next/Previous Records, It should be validate that asking the Message like "Customer No should not be blank" or "Customer Type should not be blank" etc..

2. Assume that i have already records, when i open the form and like to modify the value that eg. want to modify the "Customer Type", once i changing the value on the Field it should be asking "Do u wnt to modify the value ?" If "Yes" allow to Change the value, else Keep in the existing value.

Please help as soon as possible.

Thanks & Regards,
Suresh Kanann P

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    First, you don't want to put any of that code on the form. Validation code must be in the table. Do yourself a favor and don't even start programming that kind of stuff on forms. Second, NAV doesn't work that way. Field are not checked for mandatory values until the records is actually used. There has been a lot of discussion around this topic though, so if you search 'mandatory fields', you should get a bunch of helpful articles.