Item Journal Posting Error

SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
I'm setting up a new company for a client who is starting a company in my region.
I updated their db from 4.0 sp3 tot 5.0 sp1. I received some data from them that needs to be inserted into the new db.
I inserted it with help from a dataport (into the Item journal Line table), but when I try to post the lines, Nav tells me the tracking specification is missing.
I know I need to add Item Tracking lines. But I don't know in what table those lines appear. What should I do?
|Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
|To-Increase|

Comments

• DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Sog,

This can be a tricky one. You will need to add lines to the reservation entry table. Add one manually and see how it inserts to compare.
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    Indeed very tricky, I managed to insert a line in reservation management, but I still need to insert a line in tracking specification apparently.
    Let the searching continue
    |To-Increase|
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Sog,

From memory, inserting into the reservation entry should be enough. The tracking specification records are build on the fly when you open the item tracking form.
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    It might, but I still can't post the lines.
    The hard thing about this is that item tracking is on for every item.
    But I seem to have too few data, I know to what location the items have to go, but I don't know from which location they came from.
    It is new company but they already want to have stock before they start using Nav. So I have to let the stock be there without any purchase invoices or anything :s
    |To-Increase|
  • jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    Sog wrote:
    It might, but I still can't post the lines.
    The hard thing about this is that item tracking is on for every item.
    But I seem to have too few data, I know to what location the items have to go, but I don't know from which location they came from.
    It is new company but they already want to have stock before they start using Nav. So I have to let the stock be there without any purchase invoices or anything :s

could you turn off the item tracking, post the initial inventory balance, and then turn it back on? i have never worked with item tracking, but did work on an implementation of NAV in an office that was using C5 and i recall building up the inventory with an item journal without any issues.
    kind of fell into this...