Report design layout

paulobcpaulobc Member Posts: 18
I'm looking at adding a little bit of look to a report in terms of adding some graphics and colours.

I'd like to add some graphics but I seem to have some problems when it comes to graphic size because of the 32k barrier. Any suggestions are welcome from people that have done this before.

Thank you ahead.

Comments

• pri_1_ranjanpri_1_ranjan Member Posts: 67
    It is a limitation that we have to live with for some time.

Probably identify a new field <blob> , where you can store this image and call where-ever required.
    /PDR
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi,

You can use a report writer e.g. Crystal Reports for the presentation layer. Search on crytral reports to see relavent / interesting posts.
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • paulobcpaulobc Member Posts: 18
    Thanks guys for the suggestions, I'm going to check them out.

Have a nice weekend.
  • TrippyZTrippyZ Member Posts: 87
    See Report 206 on how to load into a PictureBox from the Company Information form.

However, I usually end up using an Image control. These can take a lot of getting used to. My main tip would be to use GIMP for image manipulation and resize your bitmap to the millimetre size your control needs, then save as 16 or 256 colour bmp. Then check the file size. Space reduction can be assisted by reducing the dpi (done in GIMP).

Finally, when you get your image control rendered, don't take any notice if it looks rubbish in preview, mine usually look perfect when actually printed.

Regards

TrippyZ
    Professional Navision Developer