Delete Data from ILE

aman_mbsaman_mbs Member Posts: 158
Dear All,

I need 2 delete the closed item ledger entries from 2000 till 2005 same will be reflected in the value entry and item Application entry. The reason is there are certain from which uploads data while filtering it from ILE its takes hell out of time for it. I have used setcurrentkey in the code still its nt working secondly i need to run the adjust cost for the company which they have never run in the previous years since 2000. This process will be speed up. So please advice me can i delete the entries from the respective tables.

Regards,
Aman Kumar Gupta

Comments

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Deleting data is not a solution for performance issues. It is only a temporary band-aid at best. The problem will just return as the data grows. Indetify the source of the problem and address it. The amount of data is likely not the source. It is only making the issue more apparent.

How many records in your ILE table? WHat version of NAV? SQL or native?
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • aman_mbsaman_mbs Member Posts: 158
    Actually our database i highly customized as its totaly build for an jewelery industry and it has data form year 99 and there are lots of entry as the production of stones and transfers are very high.... that's why i was thinking 2 delete the closed entries but only my reason of worry is that will it nt hamper my current stock inventory I am using nav 3.7 and its a native database.. Thanks for reply i really need a solution.... for this...
    Aman Kumar Gupta
  • pri_1_ranjanpri_1_ranjan Member Posts: 67
    Take some down time so that adjust cost runs for once. Setting up proper keys and following navision optimization process will help, to a great length. But deleting entries is surely not a solution.

Subsequently for adjust cost you can customize the process . Identify a new table in which only those items are entered for which transction has happend. And then while running the adjust cost batch prcocess , Customize CU 5895 so that it only uses those items present in this new table. At the end of trasaction flush out the items this new table.

Deleting of entries may have direct impact on costing, if proper precautions are not taken!!

Hope this helps.
    /PDR
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    aman_mbs wrote:
    So please advice me can i delete the entries from the respective tables.

You may have heard the story of the guy who goes into a Rolls Royce dealer, and say to the salesperson; "How much does this Roller cost?" to which the salesperson replies 'If you have to ask, then you can't afford it."

This question you ask is basically the same. If you have to ask, it really means the answer is no. I understand that everyone need to learn and experiment, but this is not the place to learn. You need to address the specific performance issues and resolve them. best is to get in an expert with experience and learn with them, but going this one alone is going to hurt your client very badly.
    David Singleton