How to do with BOMs ?

navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
Hi All,

Please share your knowledge…

Suppose, there are three Items A, B, C (A: = B+C).And our Cline Purchases these three items separately.

If any Case in the Inventory shows that
A inventory = 1, B Inventory = 0, C Inventory = 0

At that time Client can Sale the Item B because it is a part of A. So in that Case what will be Inventory after selling the Item B.?

They (Client) want that
A inventory = 0, B Inventory = 0, C Inventory = 1
Is it Possible with help with BOMs or Others???? ](*,)
Now or Never

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    If he only sale the Item B, than the inventory of Item B is -1 (before it was 0).
    Item A has a inventory of 1 and Item C = 0 (no moves)

Why he want, that Item C is +1 ?

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    Thanks garak for your quick reply.

Actually the Case is....

Client says that they have the Item A of 1 qty in the inventory which is composed with B, C. and they have got a Sale Order for the Item B, in that case they explode the Item A into B & C and Sale the Item B.
    Now or Never
    can anybody try to share his/her knowledge
    regarding this issue? [-o<

Thanks & regards.
    Now or Never
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    so only item B is in sales order. A is only a text after exploding and C is deletet. So only B has a inventory change.

Please say, why your customer need a change on C ?

navuser1:
    A inventory = 1, B Inventory = 0, C Inventory = 0
    At that time Client can Sale the Item B because it is a part of A. So in that Case what will be Inventory after selling the Item B.?

They (Client) want that
    A inventory = 0, B Inventory = 0, C Inventory = 1

So, if you sale Item B, B has in your example the inventory of -1, and A = 0, C = 1.

Do you need also, when you sale a component of a BOM that the inventory of the BOM is changing?

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi,

If I understand correctly Item A is a pack e.g. A Hot (Item B) and Cold (Item C) tap. You allow your customer to buy a single tap. In the warehouse someone has to break open the pack for shipping. You could have a BOM with Item A = 1 Item B and 1 Item C then post a BOM journal for Item A for -1 and it will then put Item A to zero and set the quantity to 1 for item B & C. The question is then - when do you do the BOM journal ? - as you might have open packs in the warehouse.
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
    garak wrote:
    Please say, why your customer need a change on C ?

Because at time of explosion the BOM, it will create B and C by qty 1 both.
    Now or Never
    garak wrote:

Do you need also, when you sale a component of a BOM that the inventory of the BOM is changing?

Yes
    Now or Never
    DaveT wrote:
    Hi,

If I understand correctly Item A is a pack e.g. A Hot (Item B) and Cold (Item C) tap. You allow your customer to buy a single tap. In the warehouse someone has to break open the pack for shipping. You could have a BOM with Item A = 1 Item B and 1 Item C then post a BOM journal for Item A for -1 and it will then put Item A to zero and set the quantity to 1 for item B & C. The question is then - when do you do the BOM journal ? - as you might have open packs in the warehouse.

yes, how can i I do ??
    Now or Never
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi,

First of all test out it this will solve the problem:
    Do you setup i.e. on Item A create an assembly BOM for B & C (1 each). Post a BOM journal for -1 of Item A.

You then need to decide what triggers this e.g. order for 10 of Item B with 12 already in stock should not require a BOM Journal. Once you have decided what the trigger/event is then you can see when to code this automatically if needed. Puting the BOM journal on a warehouse screen might be enough.
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    You don't mention what version you are using, but in any case take a look at Kitting in 5.00 US version.
    David Singleton
    Thanks David.

I'm using Nav5.0.
    Now or Never