SalesPerson 2 on all sales Documents

gulamdastagirgulamdastagir Member Posts: 411
Salesperson code field exists on the sales header.

What if i add a Salesperson code field and also add a "Salesperson 2" field to sales line table and populate them from varoius sales docs like quotes,orders,invoices,blanket orders

I am aware i have to add the same fields to Sales invoice line,sales shipment line etc..so i can make use of the Transferfields which Codeunit 80 Uses

Is that all ,do i have to modify the Dimensions as well???

Please advice
Regards,

GD

Comments

• gulamdastagirgulamdastagir Member Posts: 411
    I know we can set up dimension such as Salesperson with all the salespeople values

when does the Document Dimension (is it from sales order i guess?)(But how and when)?
    and Posted Document Dimension tables get populated(is it when you invoice an order?)

Thanks
    Regards,

GD
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    So do you want to know about a custom salesperson code field on the sales line or about dimensions?
    thanks daniel

please if u could tell me about both the methods and which will be more appropriate solution to my clients requirement
    Regards,

GD
    I would be happy to help you out, if you could explain to me what it is exactly that you want to accomplish.

Do what we all do when we need to figure out how something works. Turn on the debugger, and step through the code. Pay attention to the steps that load default dimensions. Then debug the posting process and pay close attention to how field values flow through the system.
    Salesperson code field exists on the sales header.

What if i add a Salesperson code field and also add a "Salesperson 2" field to sales line table and populate them from varoius sales docs like quotes,orders,invoices,blanket orders

I am aware i have to add the same fields to Sales invoice line,sales shipment line etc..so i can make use of the Transferfields which Codeunit 80 Uses

Is that all ,do i have to modify the Dimensions as well???

Please advice

So far my understanding is that if you add the field on the sales line with field no 50001 we should add the same field number to the Sales Invoice line,Sales Shipment Line etc table.

IS this all or do we have to do any further modifications eg. the dimension tables....

Whatver i know is because i have used the Debugger before i asked this Question and I would appreciate a timely advice from the experts in critical times when hardpressed for time

cheers!
    Regards,

GD
    You still didn't tell us anything about your requirement.

You say you add a field to one table, and then you ask if it is enough to also add it to another table. BUT you don't tell us WHY you want to do this, or what the PURPOSE is of adding these fields. With regards to dimensions, you don't tell us what the requirement is there either. Do you have dimensions tied to the salesperson that you want to have flow into the sales document? Do you then want this to flow into other parts of the system?

We can all make a guess, and some of us might even come close to guessing correctly, but it would still be just that: a guess. If you don't tell us WHAT you want to do and WHY, how do you expect us to be able to help you figure out HOW :-k
    Ok the Scenario is Standrd Navision allows to Put the Name of only one salesperson on the sales Documents

I want to extend the feature to give the user the Option of Adding two Salespersons to the Sales Documents(eg quotes ,orders,invoices)

DenSter wrote:
    Do you have dimensions tied to the salesperson that you want to have flow into the sales document? Do you then want this to flow into other parts of the system?

No, i dont have Dimensions tied to the salesperson.
    Yes,I want this to flow into other parts of the System

Thanks for the reply
    Regards,

GD
    No, i dont have Dimensions tied to the salesperson.
    Yes,I want this to flow into other parts of the System
    Something must be lost in the translation...

First you say "no dimensions", and then you say "they need to flow into other parts of the system", so you are contradicting yourself (or so it seems). Then, again, you don't give us any specifics. You don't tell us where the dimensions need to come from, where they need to go, or under which conditions any of this needs to happen. Tell us when the salesperson 2 is entered (Manually? Does it need to come in based on certain parameters, other values in the sales order?).

You are asking for help, without telling us the problem. All you are telling us is "we need a second salesperson code". So add the field to the table and you're done.
    even a 2 year old has more common sense than you iam :lol: sure you cheated to become an MVP :lol:
    Regards,

GD
    I don't think you want to go down that road my friend. You do realize that in spite of you STILL not giving us any details of what the hell it is that you want to do, I have already spent close to an hour replying to your messages. I am not trying to annoy you, I am trying to figure out what you want, so I can help you.

What do you want me to do? Just ignore you or try and help you? Just putting a smiley face next to an insult doesn't make it any less of an insult. :-k
    So far my understanding is that if you add the field on the sales line with field no 50001 we should add the same field number to the Sales Invoice line,Sales Shipment Line etc table.
    You don't tell us though, WHAT FOR? WHAT IS THE REASON?
    IS this all or do we have to do any further modifications eg. the dimension tables....
    Is this all for what purpose? What are you trying to accomplish? We can't help you determine if something is enough, if you refuse to tell us what you are trying to accomplish
    Whatver i know is because i have used the Debugger before i asked this Question and I would appreciate a timely advice from the experts in critical times when hardpressed for time
    If you want a timely advice, get your partner involved, or open a support ticket with Microsoft. If you want solid advice from anyone here, you have to tell us more detail of what you want, so that we know your goal, and we can help you figure out a way to get there.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Perhaps I can help. Are you mentioning Dimensions beacuse your not sure of them.

If so and you just want to add a field on the sales header & have it transfer to sales invoice n such then make it the same # 50001 in all tables.

Now did you want salesperson2 to be pulled from the customer card or is it manually entered at order entry time?
    From customer card - you'll have to add a new field "Salesperson 2" to the customer card with Salesperson/Purchaser table as it's table relation.

To get if to the sales order - On the Sell-To Customer No (On Validate)
    Scroll down & add with the rest of the fields
    "Salesperson 2" := Cust."Salesperson 2";
    Savatage wrote:
    Perhaps I can help. Are you mentioning Dimensions beacuse your not sure of them.

If so and you just want to add a field on the sales header & have it transfer to sales invoice n such then make it the same # 50001 in all tables.

Now did you want salesperson2 to be pulled from the customer card or is it manually entered at order entry time?
    From customer card - you'll have to add a new field "Salesperson 2" to the customer card with Salesperson/Purchaser table as it's table relation.

To get if to the sales order - On the Sell-To Customer No (On Validate)
    Scroll down & add with the rest of the fields
    "Salesperson 2" := Cust."Salesperson 2";

bravo! =D> i had completely lost faith in mibuso until you replied .Thanks savatage!
    Regards,

GD
    i had completely lost faith in mibuso until you replied
    Why, because someone was willing to make assumptions about information that you refused to provide? :-k