Sales invoice with back orders(not shipped or invoiced)

gulamdastagirgulamdastagir Member Posts: 411
Is there a standard report in NAV which can be used as an sales invoice but also show the Backordered Items in a seperate section

My approach was to modify the exisiting sales invoice report,add another sales invoices line section and find the corresponding sales line to get the Quantity and Outstanding Qty

Can anyone point me int he right direction

thanks
Regards,

GD

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    i assume you want all the completely filled lines to be listed first (perhaps a space) then all the items to be backordered.

we don't backorder so not to create too many headaches. We figure if they really want it the will order it again.
    Anyways this would be so easy in Crystal reports (for example) we'd create a variable called "Backorder Grouping"
    with a simple formula (if Qutstanding Qty = 0 then 0 else 1) then add it to a group which would either make an item a zero or 1 and since 0 comes first it would group all the completed items together then they incomplete together too , after it.

I bring this up because this is kind of what you need to have happen unfortunately Nav and grouping isn't always the easiest thing (keys needed an all that stuff). But perhaps someone has an idea using an integer dataitem or something.

Sorry i couldn't have been more help but I do feel your grouping pain :wink:
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi GD,

Would you not do the modification on the despatch docket?

The issue I see with this approach, is that the Invoice is a legal document which you will need to re-produce. What happens when the back-order is shipped and you re-print the invoice?
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    is a dispatch docket like a packing slip? :mrgreen:
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Harry,

You're bang on (as usual) - I forget than I shouldn't use local terms - I suppose I should call it a posted shipment document but it'll always be a despatch docket to me :mrgreen:
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • gulamdastagirgulamdastagir Member Posts: 411
    well.... i did what i started of doing.Basically adding a new sales invoice line dataitem under existing Sales Invoice line.To make a long story short there is a one is to one correspondence between Sales Lines and Sales Invoice Header(through the Order number field on the sales Invoice header) :wink:

Thanks for all the help it works beautifully
    Regards,

GD