Simple Q regarding sales invoice

adamEthanadamEthan Member Posts: 104
Hello,

Nav 4 SP3

On my sales invoice, if the line item was discounted 100% it displays the unit price as 0. This prevents the customer from seeing what the original price was.

In the sale invoice line table, there is the "line amount excl. tax" field which displays this information after the order has been released or processed. It appears to be the perfect field for me to use when editing the report, yet it's not a choice in the report designer -> field menu.

what gives?

thanks in advance

-adam

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It is field "Line Amount" with dynamic caption... (See caption class of the field)...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Sales Invoice Line = posted sales invoice
    Unposted sales invoice = Sales Line

They are different tables.

<edit>oh and captions may throw you off too :mrgreen: </edit>
  • adamEthanadamEthan Member Posts: 104
    Thank you for the very quick and helpful replies. :)

"Line Amount" is the total of the unit price and quantity prior to the discount. Which is good.

I guess I can just write a simple formula to divide the two and spit out the answer as the unit price

I'm not exactly there, but getting closer.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    an easy way to find the fields you need to use..is go to a Posted sales invoice.

Click on any line (one with a discount to see the values of each field) tools->zoom

now you can easily see the line details and which fields have the values you need and/or want to show on an invoice report.

(Amt includ tax + disc amount) / quantity =(original price)