How to make Drill Down functionaly

soumik181soumik181 Member Posts: 2
Hi Friends,

I am totally new to Microsoft Dynamics NAV and presently in a learning stage (NAV 4.0 SP1).

I am having a problem in creating a drill down functionality in a table.

Let me 1st describe the situation. I have a Master table with 3 fields Code, Name and Total Sales. Total Sales is a flow field. I have another table called detail with two fields code and sales amount. The code field has a relation with Master table and the lookup functionallity is working fine. Also the Tatal Sales FlowField in the master table perfectly displays the code wise Total Sales value present in detail table.

The problem is, whenever I am clicking the Drill Down Button corresponding to the flowfield in the Master table, it is not working. I want to get the code wise detalis just like the Balance field in Customer table.

Things that I have done:
1. I have created two list forms each for two tables. The drill down is woking fine in the form for Total Sales Value (though I cant manage to filter for code wise details)
2. Have specified the Detail List form in the DrillDownFormID property of the master table.
3. I found that there is no OnDrillDown trigger in a table.

Friends plz tell me the right way. I know that this is a pretty basic issue, but still consider me as I am a novice in Navision.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    edited 2008-11-12
    do you have some code snipes or loc variables in the OnDrillDown() trigger of the field on form (for example a blank line) ?
    and do you have set the DrillDownFormID in your Detail Table where the sales values are stored and from where the FlowField get his values?

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Also in the OnDrillDown trigger of the flowfield, make sure there is no code (even messages and comments will cause it not to work), and also make sure that there are no local variables. Then also make sure that there is no code and no local variables in the OnDrillDown trigger of the form.

The only way to make it work by table properties is to remove ALL code and local variables from all drilldown triggers that belong to the flowfield.