Material Issue Note

kumarharishkumarharish Member Posts: 25
Dear all,
I am relatively new to navision,
I have a confusion regarding material issue note, there is no standard form for creating Material issue note in NAV?? How do we handle this?? i am working on NAV 5.0 as of now

i had worked on NAv 4.0, the freight, miscellaneous charges & insurance were taken care of by the structure functionality ay Purchase order level, while i am not able to locate this "structure" feature in 5.0..
Please guide.. its pretty urgent

thanks to all
harish

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    It is not really clear where you are or what you want but I would guess production, so go to a released production order, press teh print button and material requisition.

It really depends on teh business process you refer too and how you issue the material
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • kumarharishkumarharish Member Posts: 25
    dear sir, thanks for the reply.. mt client does not have production module in license.. all he needs is to issue material from main store to maintenace department where the item is consumed.. how will we handle this transaction.. i think this time i am able to explain you..
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    For Material issue note you need to custiomize the test report.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    Dear Sandeep,
    can u please guide me more on this??
  • reemareema Member Posts: 255
    There is no standard functionality in Navision.
    This is a common requirement in any industry.
    To achieve this in Navision u need to develop that form.
    For this it need two tables, two forms, one report and some customization.

I don’t know what is your role in your company, Are u functional or technical .

If u need the help functionality wise I can throw some help.

Just throw what u need .
    reema
    reema wrote:
    There is no standard functionality in Navision.
    This is a common requirement in any industry.

I don’t know what is your role in your company, Are u functional or technical .

If u need the help functionality wise I can throw some help.

Just throw what u need .

Seems to be a bit harsh. Everybody starts like this.
    Anyhow you need to use Item /Reclassification Journal for the Material issue. Test report is linked within the same form.
    reema wrote:
    What are u talking about?
    CA Sandeep Singla
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    dear sir, thanks for the reply.. mt client does not have production module in license.. all he needs is to issue material from main store to maintenace department where the item is consumed.. how will we handle this transaction.. i think this time i am able to explain you..

So create a transfer order to move it to the maintenance department, this would act as a material issue, then consume it when it it used through the item journal.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • reemareema Member Posts: 255
    Mr. Ssingla,

I don’t want comment on your statement.
    But that item reclassificational Journal report does not work like a Material issue .
    I think that you know very well how companies use that materil issue .
    reema
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    Hi All,

Brothers and sisters plz keep silence.
    And plz Listen to AdamRoue what is talking.

Note : -

Our client uses both Item Reclassification and Transfer Order for the Material issue functionality.
    Now or Never
    reema wrote:
    Mr. Ssingla,

I don’t want comment on your statement.
    But that item reclassificational Journal report does not work like a Material issue .
    I think that you know very well how companies use that materil issue .
    :-# As Nav User1 suggested. One need to understand the point made before countering it.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    Thanks to all... dear Adam roue . . I demonstrated the client using transfer order & then Item journal.. he was satisfied.. thanks for the guidance

One more doubt please... In NAV 4.0, we had the structures functionality to attach while making a P.O.,,,, while i am not able to spot it in NAV 5.0.!!!!! How come???
    and now how will i book the frieght & insurance charges for the PO.??
  • krvenkatakrvenkata Member Posts: 154
    I accept what AdamRoue says and that seems to be a perfect solution.

But my understanding is that Item Reclassification is more on adjusting inventory. What it has got to do with Material Issue?
    Material received at main store of the company. The main store then issues the material to production i.e. shop floor from where it will be consumed. There are two ways to acheive this:
    a) Transfer Order
    b) Reclassification Journal

While transfer order requires 2 steps i.e. issue and receipt while the latter needs one.
    CA Sandeep Singla
  • nav_presalesnav_presales Member Posts: 35
    Hi All,

I think you all have done gr8 job.... =D>

further to the query..... I am using Transfer order for transfering my goods from my one warehouse to production floor. during the transit there are some freight charges applied. where do I put this charges ? I saw shipping method code on Transfer From Tab on Transfer order... but how do i have variable cost of freight on this ?

Can any one suggest some better way for the same ? :idea:

NaV Presales
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    Can i Know about Your Navision Version & Localization.

If you r working On Indian Localization U can use the structures Concept To load the Freight Charges, this is applicable at the time of Transfer order (that means if u know the Freight charges ).

If u dont know the freight charges then when you are transfering the material , then Use the Purchase Invoice.

Select the Type = Item Charge In Purchase invoice Line.

Click the Item charge assigment - > Functions - > Get Transfer receipt Lines.

Then system automatically will load that Freight chagres on The received material.
    Hi Mr. Rao,

Thanks for the quick reply. :D

I am using NAV 2009 Classic version with India Localisation.

Yes, I agree to the way shown by you and its perfect. But, when I am using my own warehouse located at say, Delhi (stores) to transfer goods to Himachal (Prodcution area), I am using Transfer order. Now, here I can not create purchase invoice as it is my internal transfer. In this case how do you suggest to load my freight charges ? :?:

Please suggest some way to keep track of freight charges for my internal transfer orders as well. :idea:

Regards,
    Nav_presales
    Let me know one thing Is it your Own Logistics or Outsourced Logistics (transporter).

If it is your own Logistics then Follow the sturcture concept as i already defined.

If it is Out sourced then Except Purchase invoice there is No alternative way.
    Dear Mr. Rao,

Thanks a lot for the reply. =D>

Yes, I agree with you that there is no option but we need to use Purchase Invoice only. But, Can we copy this form, save as "Freight Invoice" and then follow the same steps as mentiond by you. By this way client will not feel that we are using the same form of "Purchase Inovice" and for us, we need not to create another form but can utilise the same functionality by just changing the name. :wink:

Please suggest. :idea:

Regads,
    Nav_Presales
    Yes , you can do .
    Thanks a lot sir... this is perfect solution to my problem.. :thumbsup: \:D/

Thanks a lot for your help. =D>
    Dear Mr. Rao,

Yes, I agree with you that there is no option but we need to use Purchase Invoice only. But, Can we copy this form, save as "Freight Invoice" and then follow the same steps as mentiond by you. By this way client will not feel that we are using the same form of "Purchase Inovice" and for us, we need not to create another form but can utilise the same functionality by just changing the name. :wink:

Regads,
    Nav_Presales

In case you use Purchase Invoice then use Charge (Item) to load the inventory cost on transfer receipt. Further if TDS is not involved then you can use "Third Party Invoice" feature available in structure (in Transfer Order) and you need not book the invoice seprately.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    ssingla wrote:
    Dear Mr. Rao,

Regads,
    Nav_Presales

In case you use Purchase Invoice then use Charge (Item) to load the inventory cost on transfer receipt. Further if TDS is not involved then you can use "Third Party Invoice" feature available in structure (in Transfer Order) and you need not book the invoice seprately.

At the time of receipt if you dont know the Freight charges then how can u use the Structure concept.