Implication of enabling Keys

BobSpongeBobSponge Member Posts: 11
Thanks for reading

I have one user and he is the only one who on all Customer cards, on the Balance LCY field always shows 0.00

The same user when he tries to go to Customer< Item Sales gets a message The Flowfield Value cannot be calculated etc

I know i need to check the Sum Index Field (Sales LCY) and that keys need to be enabled (ticked) but of the 25 or so lines only 20 are enabled - i am not sure if there are any implications if i enable all of them?

Why should this happen :) !

THANKS for any ideas

Comments

• kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    If you enable all keys (I assume you are on SQL Server) you'll have faster calculation of flowfields but you'll get a HUGE Performance LOSS because the system will have to update all the keys while posting.

It is highly recommended not to do this. Just find the problem for the specific issue and fix that ONLY.

Give us some more details of your system like Nav Verison, Sql Version and so on.

Finally, I recommend searching the forum for performance and you'll get a huge amount of info.

Regards from Bikini place... (That's how it's called?) :D
  • BobSpongeBobSponge Member Posts: 11
    Thanks but we are on native V4 SP1

The sum index field Sales LCY is showing though not all the keys are enabled. But why should just one user get this problem which is why i am reluctant to enable other keys
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    Have you checked if the user has applied any additional filters?

If there is a problem with one specific user then the problem is somewhere else...
  • KtbKtb Member Posts: 11
    The only other thing I can think of is that object changes have been released and this user is one of those 'never reboots or closes applications' types and has old objects cached.
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    I think that can't be the case, because when a table definition is changed, all the forms and links to the table throw an error saying the table has changed and they should restart their transaction (aka close and open forms)

You could check if the user is connected to the correct database and has the correct company.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|