Nav 5.0 SP1 executable closing and reopening While Printing

klavinklavin Member Posts: 117
Has anyone else recently updated to the new SP 1 client? We just did it about a week or two ago and users remotely connecting via citrix are pressing print, and when the dialog to select a printer should be opening NAV suddenly closes and reopens. Anyone else encounter this or see this anywhere?

It is several users on several of a farm of citrix servers. Any help would be much appreciated...

Besides that i've hit runtime R6025 errors twice in development enviornment...

--Lavin
-Lavin
"Profanity is the one language all programmers know best."

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    We just did and haven't seen any issues. It's been my experience that Citrix is the problem 98% of the time, at least in our environment.
  • klavinklavin Member Posts: 117
    I have seen plenty of problems with Citrix not mapping printers, not being able to find the printer or finding the "wrong instance of the printer". Never with Citrix crashing and reopening Navision.

I've seen this happen in previous versions of Navision when running locally out of this office where we have 70 users not using Citrix. I'm wondering if its something with the way the printers are coming in with citrix, finding them or something, but its not just citrix.

As for the C++ Runtime error, only I have seen this so far and I do not use citrix.

Current Build we're running is: 26084.

This doesn't happen every time but enough that it concerns me.

I just found the following from & also posted on Waldo's page:
    https://community.dynamics.com/blogs/na ... build.aspx

Waldo's page:
    http://dynamicsuser.net/blogs/waldo/arc ... -ctp4.aspx
    6/11/2008. KB953313; NAV Client folder files. Build 26752. "Microsoft Dynamics NAV crashes when printing reports "
    7/16/2008. KB954722; NAV client folder files. Build 27010. "Microsoft Dynamics NAV can crash in certain situations. Some times, you will receive this error message:
    "You cannot make any changes in the database until a transaction has been started." Or, "Error 1247 in module 19". Or, some times the NAV application will just terminate."
    8/29/2008. KB957275;NAV Client folder files. Build 27256. "When captions contain an ampersand ("&"), and running NAV on a Citrix Server, NAV can crash"

Sounds like I should request for a new build?
    -Lavin
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    I am very happy with 5.00 SP1. I have one client running now for a couple of months on Citrix on Win2k and the only problem is that they can't use the Export to Excel or word, but that is the version issue nothing else.

As an aside, I did my first Navision install on Citrix about 12 or 13 years ago, and although there have been problems from time to time (printing the ne: issue, 3.60 the install permissions issue) and one or two others, I have always found Citrix to be rock solid.

In your case I would first be looking at printer drivers. One thing it could be is mismatching 32 and 64 bit drivers. Next check permissions, log in to Citrix as Administrator and see if the error happens.

And of course check for a newer build of Navision.

Also I think that this could be really important information, so if you find the solution, please post back with an update.
    David Singleton
  • klavinklavin Member Posts: 117
    Thanks David,

A couple of months ago we went through the whole Printer Drivers deal and we redid all of the drivers across the board so that everything was pretty solid. We've been using citrix for now 7 years with Nav and I agree it seems pretty solid. This is my hot topic right now, so once I find a solution I'll be sure to post anything I change.

Kevin
    -Lavin