No access after deleting database logins

BettinaBettina Member Posts: 22
Hello,

I have a copy of customers database which I use locally for development (NAV 4.0, SP3). For quickly access to the different companies in the database I have deleted the database logins. Unfortunately I have not seen that there are also windows logins. Now I get no access to the database.
Does anybody know a solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Bettina

Answers

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    works your database local on a sql server or open you only the fdb files with the client?
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • BettinaBettina Member Posts: 22
    I only open the fdb-file with a client.
    so, then you have a problem.
    Do you know the windows logins? These are domain accounts or local system accounts?
    If local system accounts, then you can create the account on your local system. But i belive, that these are domain accounts.

So, restore your database from the fbk or copy the database new on your drive from your backup.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Bettina wrote:
    Hello,

I have a copy of customers database which I use locally for development (NAV 4.0, SP3). For quickly access to the different companies in the database I have deleted the database logins. Unfortunately I have not seen that there are also windows logins. Now I get no access to the database.
    Does anybody know a solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
    Bettina

It should be no problem, just take your laptop to the client site and join their domain, then log into your computer as the user that is the SUPER user in Navision, and then you should be able to open the database using windows logins.
    David Singleton
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    Next time you develop an customer database, insert a new user without a password and give it super rights.
    Then you'll always have access to the database.
    (Don't forget to remove the user after you've finished developing)
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • BettinaBettina Member Posts: 22
    Thanks for your support.
    I will send the database to the customer (he is 500 km away), so that he can create a new database login for me. I' m shure I never forget the "windows login" again :-).
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Bettina wrote:
    Thanks for your support.
    I will send the database to the customer (he is 500 km away), so that he can create a new database login for me. I' m shure I never forget the "windows login" again :-).

You could just dial in to their server. It will be slow, but its a short one off process. Or i they have a VPN you could do it that way.
    David Singleton
    is there not dialup connection or VPN or other possibility that the user can add the accounts?
    For example you upload it to an ftp the customer open the local database with windows account, add one databaseuser of type super and when he is finished you download the fdb from the ftp.