Options

generating a txt file for FTP

RobertsgroupRobertsgroup Member Posts: 3
edited 2004-06-10 in Navision Financials
Hi can anybody help with a problem I have with Nav Fin v2.00.c?

Some of our products are being stored off site and delivered direct to our customers and we need the remote site (a seperate company) to printout our delivery note info.

Within Navision I can only email or save to in HTM format, and need to save to txt in order to FTP the file to the remote storage site, this will then be imported directly to the Chess Logistics database.

Is there a way to copy simple text data to the clipboard then paste into notepad or add a "save to" command for the txt format.

I have also looked into PDFmailer (www.pdfmailer.com) and 602print pack (www.software602.com) but these only save to the PDF format only, which is no good for auto importing to the Chess system.

Regards
Kevin

Comments

• Options
    SbhatSbhat Member Posts: 301
    Hi,

When you print the report you have the option Print to file in Windows Print Menu, here you could specify .txt file you want. I havent tried this before but it's an option worth trying.

Regards
    SB.
  • Options
    RobertMoRobertMo Member Posts: 484
    I asume you need to send raw data to the other system and not some pre-formated pages for direct printing. Why don't you use dataport ?
               ®obi           
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Options
    RobertsgroupRobertsgroup Member Posts: 3
    I only need to send the data/text which would be originally printed out. The company receiving can then process that data and import into their own system for printing in their own delivery note layout.

I tried the print to file option but this contained too much data for print commands and nothing which could be processed by a database system.

I saw mention of dataport on other postings but wasn't sure if it would suit my needs. What is it, how does it work and how do I set it up? Will it work with v2.00 of Navision?

Thanks
    Kevin
  • Options
    RobertMoRobertMo Member Posts: 484
    huh, dataport would be the right soultion, but i'm not sure for version 2.00c if it has that type of objects. If you don't know anything about them, it's not promissing...

someone should now this for sure...
               ®obi           
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Options
    Dean_AxonDean_Axon Member Posts: 193
    There are a couple of options avaliable to you on this one:

1) From the report itself but will require some coding and would be one file print. The advantage is that you can easily create the file at the same time without the need to run any additional objects.

2) You can also use the dataport option to generate text information but the only problem would mean that you have an additional print (dataport) to run at some point. This would mean that you could have one file per run whether that is filtered by a single sales order or a batch of sales orders.

As RobertMo suggested, if your not too sure about dataports then you should contact your NSC and i'm sure they would be able to do this for you.
    Remember: Keep it simple