Roles & permissions problem

vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
Dear concern
When I m going in tools->security->Database Login->Roles->permissions,Here it shows me options "Insert permission","MODIFY PERMISSION", etc. .In this there r 3 options 1). Blank
2).Yes 3). Indirect.In this whats the meaning of Indirect.Plzz let me know....... :cry:
Vikram Dabas
Navision Technical Consultant

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Just read the documentation or search through this forum, it was asked many times... (see e.g. w1w1ism.pdf)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    To understand the Roles and Permissions principle in NAV, you must not be a god ;-)
    But it's a good starting point to read the w1w1ism.pdf manual or you go to a NAV training course to learn the basics.

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • genericgeneric Member Posts: 511
    garak wrote:
    To understand the Roles and Permissions principle in NAV, you must not be a god ;-)
    You mean the little green alien that reads all your thoughts and stalks you even when you go to bathroom.?
    :bug:
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    edited 2008-11-05
    Hi Vikram,

Permission - Indirect

This means that you cann't modify,Insert,delete or Read Table's data directly but Indirectly you can all of these.

You can all of these via Codeunit or via other objects.

Thats all.... :mrgreen:
    Now or Never
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    navuser1 wrote:
    Hi Vikram,

Permission - Indirect

This means that you cann't modify,Insert,delete or Read Table's data directly but Indirectly you can all of these.

You can all of these via Codeunit or via other objects.

Thats all.... :mrgreen:
    Now or Never