Dynamics NAV Lables Export

abnainasabnainas Member Posts: 174
Dear All,

Can anybody tell me where NAV hold all lables in the Database. I want to export them then make a modification the import the ammended lables

Please advice
Ahmad Bani Naser
Dynamics NAV Developer

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If you mean the Multilanguage Captionsm they are part of object definitions. But you can export them from object designer, when you select the objects and use the Tool - Translate file - Export/Import. But what you want to do? Change the captions? Just because customer want that? Please, do not do it. Worst thing for supporting is NAV with renamed fields and changed naming convention...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • abnainasabnainas Member Posts: 174
    Dear Kin,

I know that its not the professional way to do the multilanguage functionality. But in the Middle East there are a lot of customers want to see NAV in Arabic. So I think the the easyist way is to change the captions.

So If you have any further suggestions.... please Advice
    Ahmad Bani Naser
    Dynamics NAV Developer
    As I wrote, for translating there is the "Tool-Translate-Export/Import" in the object designer. It is what you need. And if the translation is done under another language than ENU, it will be better. To change the language of the exported file you need to change the -Axxxx- to something other where the 'xxxx' is the number of the language. Do not localize the strings which have no -Axxxx- in the code, because these strings are "names", not Captions. There was one tool which can help you to translate NAV - NLW (Navision Localization Workbench), but I was unable to find it right now anywhere...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • abnainasabnainas Member Posts: 174
    is there Navision Localization Workbench for NAV 2009 SP1?

Thanks in advance
    Ahmad Bani Naser
    Dynamics NAV Developer
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Hi Ahmad,

firstly please stop the spamming, it will not help. If you want support via PMs and Email, then expect to pay for it. If you are asking me for paid support then please clarify this in your emails.

In terms of your question. You should contact Microsoft, they have a localization department, and you should work with them to localize the product. You need access to tools that only Microsoft have.
    David Singleton
  • abaninasabaninas Member Posts: 11
    What do mean by spamming? I didn't send emails to anyone!
    I just open a case here and waiting for any response.

Anyway... Thanks
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    abaninas wrote:

Anyway... Thanks

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=29530

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=42007

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=42008

Plus multiple threads on Dynamics User Group, AND emails to me personally, AND PMs. ALL TODAY.

Maybe its not you but someone else in your company that also used the name Ahmad Bani Naser. I have replied to one of his emails to explain the situation, and I apologize for the confusion. But I think I can be excused that two Ahmad Bani Nasers on the same day have the same question that I think it the same person.
    David Singleton
  • abaninasabaninas Member Posts: 11
    Yes, I'm the one who opened all the above cases. But sorry, Is there any problem? I can open cases as I want. and the consultant have the choice to reply or not... If you don't want to reply, JUST DON'T...

Regards,
    Opening two years old threads is not good, even for you, because only people subscribed to this thread will receive info about that. Sending emails and PMs is not good.

And people there are not "consultants". Be rude will not help you to get answers. I understand David, are you able to imagine how could look our mailbox if everybody will ask directly through email or PM? ;-)

Answer to your question is hard. There is no localization workbanch for 2009. I think there is tool for localizing the RTC, just look at the partnersource.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    As I wrote earlier, this is a forum, not a helpdesk. You can not open a case (ticket) here.

Anyway, take a look at Pers Mergetool: http://www.mergetool.com/products/mergetool.html
    It can help a lot in translating. You will have to figure out yourself how it works.
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting