Options

Sharepoint service is not opening with Proxy settings

DynamicUserDynamicUser Member Posts: 177
edited 2008-11-05 in Navision e-Commerce
Hi Friends,

I have one queries that I suppose other friends of mine also face. Employee portal is not working with Proxy setting.I am using Sharepoint Services & even Sharepoint site is not opening.

Comments

• Options
    IHateLinuxIHateLinux Member Posts: 223
    Hi,

when even the SharePoint Standard site is not opening, then this is a standard configuration issue from either your local pc, your local network environment, your proxy etc.

Suggestions:
    Either you contact your local network admin to solve that issue or
    post very very detailed information about your environment.

Kind regards
    Rainer
  • Options
    Hi

When I Open the sharepoint service site of Employee Portal it shows error "You are not authorised to view this page".

This is the exact error.
  • Options
    IHateLinuxIHateLinux Member Posts: 223
    Hi,

you have to give us more information about your environment.
    1. What software did you install - versions, languages, Service Packs (OS, SQL, SharePoint, ...)
    2. How does your SharePoint environment look like (e.g. MOSS farm with 1 web front end, one dedicated SQL Server ...)
    3. How does the network infrastructure look like (where are the clients, servers, where is the proxy ...)
    4. How many sites do you have on that sharepoint farm?
    5. Could you open other sites?
    6. Have you been able to open the site BEFORE you installed NEP?
    7. Have you setup security on the SharePoint site?
    Because this error message comes from Sharepoint and is NOT related to NEP - it is just basic SharePoint configuration.

KR
    Rainer
  • Options
    HI,
    I am using
    1. Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition,SQL Server 2005, Navision 4.3 sp3, Sharepoint services 2.0.

2. Navision & Sharepoint Services Installed on one server. Proxy set on each & every workstation.
    3. Without proxy employee portal opens.
    4. Can you elaborate more on sharepoint security? May be this thing is pending.