Relation between "Gen. Journal Line" table and "G/L Entry"

paulobcpaulobc Member Posts: 18
I´m new to Dynamics NAV. Could someone please explain to me very briefly what is the relationship between the tables "Gen.Journal Line" and "G/L Entry", if you insert data directly into the table "Gen. Journal Line" how does it get to the table "G/L Entry"

Thanks.

Comments

• kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    You call the General Journal Posting routine and the Journal lines become G/L Entries. Start your from the journal form and see the posting routine.
  • paulobcpaulobc Member Posts: 18
    kapamarou wrote:
    You call the General Journal Posting routine and the Journal lines become G/L Entries. Start your from the journal form and see the posting routine.

Thank you.

Is there a correspondent field in the "G/L Entries" table for each field in the "General Journal Line" ?
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    I don't understand exactly the qusetion...

Take a look at codeunit 12.

This codeunit processes the Gen. Journal Lines and creates the G/L Entries (Among other things).
    It's a large codeunit, but there you'll see how you get the tables filled.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    paulobc wrote:
    Is there a correspondent field in the "G/L Entries" table for each field in the "General Journal Line" ?

Its not as simple as that. Basically the General Journal Line is used for may differentSo things, primarily Creating entries for the General Ledger, Customer Ledger, Vendor Ledger and Bank Ledger (but there are more).

So if for example you create a payment to a vendor, then the data you enter into gen. jnl. line may map out to many fields in different tables, such as the
      Entry tables:
    • GL
    • Vendor
    • Detailed Vendor
    • Check
    • Bank

As well as things like the dimension tables.
    David Singleton
  • paulobcpaulobc Member Posts: 18
    Thank you for your comment David.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    paulobc wrote:
    Thank you for your comment David.

You are welcome, I hope it helps.
    David Singleton