Change Log Entries -- URGENT

navblogspotnavblogspot Member Posts: 6
Hi Everybody,

In my client database, I just have ALL role and other role( to view Object Desginer and to export the objects, not importing). I have no permissions to change any data.As usual I have marked and exported required objects as fob file, but Change Log Entries are written with my USERID. This is the first time happened and in the change log entries it showing both Old Value and New Value same.

Details:
Table ID: 2000000001
Table Name: Object
Field No.: 12
Field Name: Version List
Type of Change: Modification.
Old Value and New Value are same.

What may be the reason for this?

Any invisible or extra characters causing this? Please Help..

Comments

• DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi,

The standard ALL role has access to data - in this example it has indirect permission to insert into the change log. You must have the change log turned on for the object table.
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • navblogspotnavblogspot Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for your reply.

My ALL role permission for object table is:
    Object Type Object ID Object Name Read Permission Insert Permission Modify Permission Delete Permission Execute Permission Security Filter
    Table Data 2000000001 Object Yes

and Change Log Setup for Object table is

ID Name Log Insertion Log Modification Log Deletion
    2000000001 Object All Fields All Fields All Fields

Without Insert or Modify permission on Object table, how the Change Log has modification entry? ](*,)
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    Can you compile the Object from Object Designer and see if this will create the entry?
  • navblogspotnavblogspot Member Posts: 6
    I complied many times but no entries in the change log.I tried to append blank values to the Version also..