Job ledger entry incorrect for posted purchase line

imurphyimurphy Member Posts: 308
I've just come across a worrying problem with Nav5.0 Spanish - not sp1 and the jobs patch has not been applied to this client. A client alerted me to a problem with a cost against a project which was way too high. Investigating I found that the line in question was a material purchase they had made specifying the job number on the purchase order line.

The problem was that the purchse was for 1 unit at some 149eur. This has been invoiced and the line in the Purch Invoice line was for quantity=1 with unit cost of 149. However in the Job Ledger Entry table this had been posted as 6000 units at 149eur.

Now it is possible for the user to have opened the job costs, however this is a client who has only recently started using nav and this is not something they have done up until now, so I don't think it likely. Also I dug a little more and found at least a dozen other lines with similar problems. The quantities are always different - the only thing consistent is that the quantity on the job ledgery entry does not correspond with the billed quantity.

I've dug through the kbs on partnersource and found nothing related to this problem.

Has anyone else seen a similar problem??

Ian