Link Between Value Entry and Sales Invoice Line

slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 364
Hi
Anybody has any idea of how to link back to the Sales Invoice Line from a Value Entry record.
I trying to find the way to get info from the original Sales Invoice Line for each line of related entry in Value ENtry table.

Thank you
"A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."

Comments

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    See table 6508 "Value Entry Relation" and the function RowID1 on table 113 "Sales Invoice Line"
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 364
    Hi Brown

I don't see any data in Value Entry Relation table. But, our VE table has millions of records. Ours is W1 4.0 SP3 edition.
    I checked the RowID1 function. What do I do from there?

TIA ](*,)
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Try using the fields Document Type, Document No. and Documents Line No. in the value entry which directly link back to the sales invoice line.
    David Singleton
  • ouredpouredp Member Posts: 56
    Hello ,

As far as I know these Reference Fields are only avaible in 5.0

We have spend a lot of programming efforts in 4.3 to compute Cost Values on Sales Invoice Line Level.
    The major "trick" is to go thru the Shipment Lines for the S.I. Line and then find out the Value Entries.

If someone knows a way to implement the 5.0 Reference Fields without completely Upgrading
    to 5.0 please let us know ! :wink:
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    ouredp wrote:
    If someone knows a way to implement the 5.0 Reference Fields without completely Upgrading
    to 5.0 please let us know ! :wink:

I havent specifically looks at the code using in 5.00, but I have implemented similar functionality in earlier versions of Navision.

Just modify the posting routines to carry the filed through as required.
    David Singleton
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    I think that table 6508 Value Entry Relation is only filled for items that require Item Tracking (i.e. Serial No.)