Tools for converting 3.70 menu to 4.0

Nico_DekkerNico_Dekker Member Posts: 7
Hi,
Does anybody know if there are tools available to convert a 3.70 menu (form 330) to a 4.0 MenuSuite?
We would like to keep using a 3.70 database and use a 4.0 client instead of the original 3.70 client.
Any advise is welcome.

Kind regards,
Nico

Comments

• Yaroslav_GaponovYaroslav_Gaponov Member Posts: 158
    Hi

For this need processing a one mainform and a lot subforms ... plus move C/AL code from forms to some codeunits (or create hyperlinks or ...)... afraid this tool impossible
  • AlbertvhAlbertvh Member Posts: 516
    Hi

I seem to recall that you can add a function to codeunit 1 with an ID of 2 (can't remember :( ) I will have a look if I can find the document. So you can run Form 330 when opening NAV.

Albert
  • AlbertvhAlbertvh Member Posts: 516
    Hi

Found it
    Opening a Company in Navision 4.0 with a Specific Form Shown
    If you want a specific form to be launched when users open a company, you have to create a trigger with ID 1 in Codeunit 1 with code that corresponds to the CompanyOpen trigger code in earlier database versions. To enable user-specific forms to be launched, you must enter User IDs and Main Menu IDs in the User Setup table. Please note that you may have to insert the “Main Menu ID” field in this table first. You can still run the Navigation Pane if required.

Hope this helps

Albert
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Hi,
    Does anybody know if there are tools available to convert a 3.70 menu (form 330) to a 4.0 MenuSuite?
    We would like to keep using a 3.70 database and use a 4.0 client instead of the original 3.70 client.
    Any advise is welcome.

Kind regards,
    Nico

No, there is no such a tool. But after upgrade it will show you the same menu you had in 3.70. If you want to use MenuSuite, you can modify NAV 4.0 menusuite or create your own, but it will be manual process. Do not forget that you could define filters in old Form menu, but you cannot in MenuSuite...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.