NextControl property of textbox

tompynationtompynation Member Posts: 398
Hi,

as you can see i have 2 textboxes next to each other...

When pressing tab starting from the verry first textbox, It just goes downwards...
It doesnt go from left to right?

According to the help:
Comments
On a card form, the system moves from top to bottom, left to right by default. On a tabular form, the system moves from left to right, top to bottom by default. If you press Shift+Tab you reverse the order.

So the left to right is not working... anyone knows why this happens?
I also cannot fill in the NextControl property. When i try to do this i get error:

You cannot enter xxx in NextControl. The cursor is in front of the invalid character.

Answers

• CuypzCuypz Member Posts: 56
    In the NextControl property, you should fill in the Control ID of the next field you want to navigate to (so for example not Control1000000009, but just 1000000009). That should do the trick.

I'm not sure, but I think the tab order is also influenced by the order in which you added your fields to the form. Can anyone confirm this?
  • tompynationtompynation Member Posts: 398
    allright, got it working.
    I tried filling up the NextControl with Control1000000009, instead of just the No.

Thanks
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Just to make it clear: NAV is going in top-down-left-right direction. It means if there is column of editboxes it is going down until last is active. After that it is going to the top of next column... it is working in this way since first versions... and for me it is very intelligent way how to do that. But it assume "standardized" visual style of the forms (of course with some exceptions like city and Post code etc.).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.