Budget periods

melupatimelupati Member Posts: 33
Hi,

I have a problem, that when I am creating the new budgets, the period information in the column is showing the Calendar year instead of showing the fiscal year created in the accounting period table.Actually my fiscal year begins with 01.04.2008 and ends with 31.03.2009, but in budget table it is showing 01.01.08,01.01.09.... like that if we select net change is 12. please help me out how to rectify this.

Regards.

Comments

• vicbillvicbill Member Posts: 12
    The reason is that the form you are refering to uses the 'Date' table when calculating periods. This table, which is a hidden object, has Day, Week, Month, Quarter and Year periods already formatted for several thousand years. The fiscal period table is primarly used for year end porcessing and, in my experience, not much else.

We had this same issue come up with a client. In the end we created a custom date table called 'Fiscal Dates' then added an option on each form/report to allow the user to select which date table they wanted to use. You have to find and modify the code that is hard wired to reference the 'Date' table to be a user selected option instead. It ended up being rather pricy.

Hope this helps,
    Victor