Consistency Error

teckpohteckpoh Member Posts: 271
Dear All,

I was upgrade the cust db from v3 to v5SP1. B4 upgrade i can post my general journal successfully without an error but After upgrade in v5SP1 when the time i try to post my entry in general journal, system prompted an error msg said tat
"The transaction cannot be completed because it will cause inconsistencies in G/L Entry table".

After checking, i noted the error msg came from CU12->FinishCodeunit
GLEntry.CONSISTENT(
(BalanceCheckAmount = 0) AND (BalanceCheckAmount2 = 0) AND
(BalanceCheckAddCurrAmount = 0) AND (BalanceCheckAddCurrAmount2 = 0));

IF i comment the above code then i can skip the error msg but my credit/debit account will be untally, i noted the error msg
prompted bcoz my credit/debit amt was not tally. Eg: +10,-10 then +10 again. Anybody know which part of code in navision is inserting the credit/debit amt to tempGLEntry?? or which part of codeunit i need to check??i'm lost...10s in adv..~~

Comments

• navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    Dear

To solve this type of problems then click the link
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22748
    Now or Never
  • teckpohteckpoh Member Posts: 271
    hi..i oredi surf to above link previously..but it only guide u to create a codeunit and show u the not tally amount...
    my question is....which part of codeunit serve the inserting amount of debit/credit...? so i can go there and make some adjustment
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    teckpoh wrote:
    hi..i oredi surf to above link previously..but it only guide u to create a codeunit and show u the not tally amount...
    my question is....which part of codeunit serve the inserting amount of debit/credit...? so i can go there and make some adjustment

It is much more complex than you think, it is why it is hard to say where you need to make some adjustment. All depends on which entry is wrong and why. E.g. changing something in the part doing rounding is complex.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.