Permissions error when open/convert 4.0 DB to 5.0 (CSIDE)

ccbryan63ccbryan63 Member Posts: 115
Hello again Mibusers. I am in process of upgrading a NA 4.0(4.0SP3) native Navision (not SQL) database to 5.0. When I try to open a copy of the 4.0 database using the 5.0 client I get a permissions error. Here's what I'm doing.

I open the 5.0 Navision client and change the license to my company's (Solution Center) license, which I have verified is a 5.0 level license.

I go to Open Database, point to the 4.0 database that I am working with, and enter a Super-level username and password that is active in the 4.0 database. The message "This database will be converted to 5.0..." appears and I say OK, then yes to the "do you really want to convert." The conversion appears to begin, but within a second or two I get the error "You do not have permission to modify the Fit Tolerance table."

Just to check, I opened the 4.0 database in 4.0 and added a user called SUPER, with no password and role of Super, permission set for the single company in the database. I then closed the db and quit 4.0, and attempted again to open it in 5.0, this time using the SUPER login. After the confirmations, it ran for a second or two and presented me with a different error: "You do not have permission to modify the Database Key Groups table."

The only difference between the two login IDs is that one has the company name in the Super role line and the other doesn't.

Has anyone run into this before?

Thanks...

Comments