SortingKey on Form

ravi_navisionravi_navision Member Posts: 102
Hi,

Here is what I am doing

Vendor card: Run the form. Change the sorting key to secondary key. Close and reopen the form, sorting key is still the same which we changed earlier.

I tried the same thing on sales order form. It doesn’t work. It always sorting by primary key, is it because of SourceTableView property?

Any suggestions! How can I do on sales order form with out changing the SourceTableView property. I can’t use setcurrentkey (user can choose any key Out of secondary keys)

Thanks,
ravi
~~ravi

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Your a little all over the place here. Are you talking about the vendor Card or the vendor list?

If i'm in the item, customer or vendor card and I have it sorted by primary jey no. as i flip thru the cards it's in "no." order.
    If I change the sort to "search name" and flip thru the cards it's not sorted by name - if I leave the card and comeback - it is still sorted by the last sort I selected.

These cards should not have a sourcetableview set - it should be Undefined.
    is your SAVETABLEVIEW = NO?

how do you want to change the sort of sales orders? by name? name isn't a sort choice in the sales header.
  • ravi_navisionravi_navision Member Posts: 102
    Hi Savage,

Here is more detail about my issue

ON VENOR CARD (I haven’t changed any property of the base Navision form)

1. I change the sort to "search name" (or any other secondary key) and navigate between other forms, come back to vendor card- it is still sorted by the last sort I selected.
    2. I change the sort to "search name" (or any other secondary key), if I leave the card and comeback - it is still sorted by the last sort I selected.

ON SALES ORDER (I haven’t changed any property of the base Navision form)

On sales order I tried to do the same. But the difference is when I close and reopen the form – It automatically set to primary key.

In the Sales Header, I have 15 keys. I can select any key at run time.

Thanks for your reply
    ravi
    ~~ravi
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    hard to say without seeing the code. perhaps there's a RESET; somewhere in the code?