Export to excel error : unable to set the leftheader prop...

vanrofivanrofi Member Posts: 272
Hi all,

197 days, 18 hours, 43 minutes and 40 seconds before the conference, I run into a problem that I cannot put my finger on...

We have several Reports that have an export to Excel functionality. It all works fine, unless for some citrix users, from time to time the get this error on running a report with export to excel (can also be a standard report like the export of analysis view, or a tailored report).

This is the message :

Impossible to invoke the member LeftHeader. Microsoft Office Excel returned the following message :
Unable to set the LeftHeader property of the Page setup class

As soon as I reset the citrix session and they try again, problem is solved.
I have also the feeling it might have to do with the printerdriver of the default printer in the respective sessions, but cannot prove that... ](*,)

regards,

Answers

• lzrlzr Member Posts: 264
    Did you find a solution to this?

I have the exact same problem with 1 of our users. We have several different clients installed on different physical machines and it works on some servers and on others it don't. However it works on the same server for everyone else. We have tried to reset Citrix session, even renaming it, removing zup file. Nothing seems to work.

Same NAV client, same servers, same permissions, same Excel still I can export and the user can't

SQL 2005, NAV 5.0 SP1, Citrix
    Navision developer
  • vanrofivanrofi Member Posts: 272
    Not a final solution, but apparently this is invoked more when session is closed with the cross in upper right corner.
    Sometimes people leave the Excel open and close the session...

Did you try deleting the users profile on the Citrix server?
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    We got this for a while and never figured out the exact cause. I can at least tell you what we tried and what didn't work.

We determined that it was a specific Citrix server, so it depended on which one they got mapped to when they logged on.
    Reinstalling MS Office on the Citrix server did not work and we verified it was using the Office instance on the server, not the client machine
    We tried to delete the Citrix profiles and have them get recreated
    We deleted the zup files
    I believe we also reinstalled NAV on the Citrix server as well.

Can't remember if we did anything else.
  • lzrlzr Member Posts: 264
    Thanks for your replies guys.

It seems like we have solved it now, the problem in our case was that there was something wrong with the default printer. After changing default printer it worked.

Trying to print a posted document made NAV crash. Trying to print an Excel sheet on the default printer didn't work (printer unavailable).

I found an article from Microsoft pointing out that the error message was indeed something related to the printer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291298/en-us
    Navision developer
  • danman_dkdanman_dk Member Posts: 27
    +1 from me - and a big thanks to mibuso users.

We have tackled this issue for weeks! At first, I read in mibuso that it might be an Office 2003 / 2007 issue, so I got the user's Citrix profile re-created - hoping that it would point to the right version. No.

I copied the roles to my logon and didn't get the error. I gave the user *gasp* super role, still got the error. Tried about 150 other things with no luck - had basically the whole office around my desk trying to figure it out.

I read in mibuso one last time to see if there was anything new we could try (default printer in Citrix, of course :roll: )

Thanks again =D>