Item Revaluation Journal

waleedawnywaleedawny Member Posts: 4
hello everyone

Hope everything is good for you, am trying to revaluate some items values, but when i calculate the inventory value on the revaluation journal, sometimes NAV takes the the transfer shipment & transfer reciepts in quantity calculation and sometimes don't, so i don't know what is the logic behind that....!!!

Note that i want to have the transfer shipments and reciepts to be included in the revaluation journal as without them the quantity will not be correct and thus i can't revaluate, i have tested in Crouns and it was working as i was expected.

the NAV version is 5.1

please help me understand.

thank you
Kind Regards

Comments

• vicbillvicbill Member Posts: 12
    Hello waleedawny,

I just tested this on my system and found the issue. Look at the original Positive Item Ledger Entries in the 'Transfer-From' location. If these are Purchases that have not been posted and therefor only have a Cost Amount (Expected) and not a Cost Amount (Actual), then it is likely that actual cost has not been posted through to the Trans. Recept line yet. If not, then there is not actual cost to adjust in the Rev Jrnl.

As I said, I just tested my theory and the item did not appear in the Rev Jrnl until I Posted the original PO. I also have the auto-cost adjustment turned on. If you do not then you will need to post the PO, then run the Adjust Cost Item Entries process.

Hope this helps,
    Victor
  • waleedawnywaleedawny Member Posts: 4
    Hello vicbill,

Thank you for your replay :) ,

I checked what you said, but all the items are invoiced, most of them are even applied to the opening balances entries which are all invoiced of course.

now i'll tell you what really makes me confused, 2 of the items i am revaluating are on the same transfer order, but when calculating the inventory value on the revaluation journal, 1 of the items quantity on the revaluation journal include this transfer order and the other item don't include the quantity on the same transfer order :!:

one more thing, am revaluating per location cause my Average cost calc. Type on the Inventory setup is "Item & Location & Variant", so in the first location you'll find the Transfer shipment included but on the 2nd location the transfer reciept for the same Transfer order is not included, and sometimes vise versa !!

hellllllllp.... ](*,) haha

Regards
    Kind Regards
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    The system will calculate it for you if the item is still in stock at the parameters you have set, if not then you have to manually add the line to the revaluation journal, which is the second approach to revaluing items - the distinction is that you should be a little more careful about revaluing inventory you no longer have!
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • waleedawnywaleedawny Member Posts: 4
    well, thats exacly my point, why the system don't calculate the quantity on hand based on the item availabilty and the item valuation report, the problem is coming from transfer orders, sometimes the system consider the quantity transferd so the quantity on hand is correct and sometimes not so the quantity gets higher as the system don't consider this decrease.

Any way i used the second method to recvaluate, but still it is not practical as it very hard to do it manually especially if you have large amount of entries which i do and of course subject to error.

Thank you
    Kind Regards
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Well the obvious first suggestion is to not have to do the corrections.

The issue is your original entry is no longer there and available for revaluation, you have moved it, which can affect the cost, if for example you average cost by location.

I suggest you solve the problem of why you are having to do so many revaluations rather than focusing on the perceived issues with the revaluation
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen