NAV 5.0 - VAT Entry Table

DivyaDivya Member Posts: 125
Hi All,

If i do any sales order Or Purchase Order with VAT calculation (NAV 5.0 SP1), then VAT will get calculated correctly and it shown in the Statistics also. But after posting, it will not affect "VAT Entry Table" and VAT Amount in G/L Also.

I think NAV 5.0 SP1 has changed something in VAT. I don't know what was that?

Please let me clarify.
Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat

Comments

• codercoder Member Posts: 16
    Hello,

In NAV 5.0 SP1, VAT calculation is not working properly in IN version. MS India has left this functionality. Posting routines are not there so it will not update any posting tables.
    You may use Sales Tax setup for VAT calculation.

Regards,
    Rakesh
  • DivyaDivya Member Posts: 125
    Thanks for your reply. If we use Sales Tax Functionality, it will get update into Tax Entry Table. But Most of the VAT Reports based on VAT Entry Table only. How do we split into Normal TAX and VAT in the same (TAX Entry) Table.

And one more thing is if we give "VAT Posting Group" in the Line, VAT is getting calculated based on the Percentage.

Thanks
    Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Divya wrote:
    Thanks for your reply. If we use Sales Tax Functionality, it will get update into Tax Entry Table. But Most of the VAT Reports based on VAT Entry Table only. How do we split into Normal TAX and VAT in the same (TAX Entry) Table.

And one more thing is if we give "VAT Posting Group" in the Line, VAT is getting calculated based on the Percentage.

Thanks

MS India recommends the usage of Sales Tax Functionality because it is Indianized. Vat in Nav is global VAT and will not suffice the needs in various condition for ex. Vat base amount does not consider the excise calculation while creating entry in Vat entry table. Tax entry and detailed tax entry table can be used to create any VAT return report. There are sample reports for Delhi/Maharashtra.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in