Interesting error : 'Customer cannot be inserted...'

gadzilla1gadzilla1 Member Posts: 316
Hello,

I had a user call me with an error when accessing the customer card on a specific computer in the shipping department. The error states 'Customer cannot be inserted in this form'.

I thought that this may be permissions related so I logged in to the suspect PC and got the error when accessing the customer card (I am a superuser in NAV). I logged in to the PC next to it, tried to access the customer card, and got no error.

Has anyone encountered this before? There must be a different setting on each PC, this seems to be a non-NAV permissions issue, but the NAV error throws me. Does anyone have any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Chris

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    gadzilla1 wrote:
    Hello,

I had a user call me with an error when accessing the customer card on a specific computer in the shipping department. The error states 'Customer cannot be inserted in this form'.

This message (its not an error) comes about if the property "Insert Allowed" is set to false on the form.

Are you certain that they you are using the same form to insert the customer as the other user is using on the other computer?
    David Singleton
  • klavinklavin Member Posts: 117
    I do recall seeing this message before, I believe it had something to do with filters. Have you tried deleting the users zup file on the machine?
    -Lavin
    "Profanity is the one language all programmers know best."
  • gadzilla1gadzilla1 Member Posts: 316
    Interesting...thanks to both of you.

I've checked the 'Insert Allowed' and it is set to yes. I'm 99% sure that I was looking at the same form on both PCs. I will double check that 1st thing in the AM and reply back.

In regards to deleting the zup on the PC, we store all of our zup files on the same server...since I used my login I should have been using the same zup on each PC, so how could the effects be different? I'm willing to try so if there's more information regarding the zup angle I'd like to hear it. :)

Thanks - Chris
  • gadzilla1gadzilla1 Member Posts: 316
    I rechecked everything, and accessed the customer card from two different PCs...same result. Error on one PC no error on the other.

Strange! Anyone else have any ideas? Thanks - Chris
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) Try to enable debugger and look where it ends...
    2) Isn't in the customer app some specific way how to insert customers? Like through CRM module...?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Evert-JanEvert-Jan Member Posts: 36
    I had the same problem in the vendor card.
    In my situation the problem was CurrForm.EDITABLE := FALSE in the OnAfterGetCurrRecord trigger.
    When I set it to TRUE, the problem is solved.
    Regards,
    Evert-Jan
  • Stardust77Stardust77 Member Posts: 95
    Try to uninstall the client on that specific computer and reinstall it. It might solve the issue.
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    gadzilla1 wrote:
    I'm 99% sure that I was looking at the same form on both PCs.
    Press Ctrl+F2 and then see the Form ID. Is it REALLY the same?
    Regards,
    Andwian