Export to Office using style sheets

ta5ta5 Member Posts: 1,164
Hello

I had a look to the functionality and the code behind the mentioned topic. I'm not sure whether to "dig deeper". First I would be happy if some members of this board could share their experiences, for example:

- Do you have (many and/or important) customers using the functionality?
- Did you custimize the C/AL functionality?
- What is your experience with the Style Sheet Tool?

Thanks in advance.
Thomas

Comments

• mstallmannmstallmann Member Posts: 138
    I think they are good to use for very simple exports. However, we have had many issues when trying to use them for specific documentation, ie. export documents. They are very hard to control when exporting to word documents that need to be formatted very specifically. In these instances, we have reverted back to using mail merges that are controlled from within NAV. There is much less time involved when taking this approach.

In addition, we couldn't find an easy way to extend some of the style sheet functionality (i.e. automating exports using an additional table with additional logic).

I hope that helps, and let me know if you go down this path and find some additional tips and tricks.

Regards,

Mike
  • ta5ta5 Member Posts: 1,164
    Thanks Mike!

It does not seem to be a very "hot topic" according to the number of views of this thread and the numbers of replies.
    If somebody wants to throw in their 20 cts, please go ahead :wink:
    Regards
    Thomas
  • ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
    The tools works ok but like you are a bit limited if you want to use templates, save locations, etc.

We use our own tool for Excel because most of the time customers want to use the data in Excel and this is very limited/complicated in the style sheet button. "Smaller" customers use the style sheet tool to cut costs (no developer needed for a special documents with salesorder data). :)