Database server error

vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
I have 40SP3 and 5.0SP1 clients in my system.I want to install database server of navision 5.0 SP1.I have installed it from DVD.When I have restarted the services also.When I am open the Navision 5.0SP1 client and acsessing the Databse server it is showing me the error "Check sum error".Give me solution ASAP.
Vikram Dabas
Navision Technical Consultant

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    That really is not even close to enough information, but to take a wild guess I would say you have a corrupt sector on a hard drive.
    David Singleton
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    I have seen this a number of times when NAV is put on a RAID 5 array, but with modern technology that is not so likely now is it was many years back.
    David Singleton
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Are you using TCP or TCPS? Try to swith the network protocol to TCP...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
    Dear kine
    I have selected TCP/IP,then it is showing me the error "the following message come from server".when I press oki then it is showing me error that The Operating System cannot gain access to the file (Path of the database of which i want to make server)D:\Navision\Databases\SMDB.fdb.Please check the file type and attributes are correct.
    My Firewall is also off.
    Vikram Dabas
  • MalajloMalajlo Member Posts: 294
    Set security on database file Everyone=FullControl. Check if there are any security entries that denies acces.
    Remove ReadOnly attribute.
  • vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
    Dear Concern
    Thanxs.I want to change the database which I have selected while making the database Server.How I can do this??????????
    Vikram Dabas
  • slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 364
    For your earlier problem of "cannot gain access", give full permission to "NETWORK SERVICE" user.
    For your second need, you can use Registry Editor to change the location of DB for the service or reinstall NAV
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Or you can read the documentation to see all possible ways how to setup the server. :wink:
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.