date not valid

kokyas963kokyas963 Member Posts: 16
Dear all,

We have an issue regarding reverse transaction in GL. When I do reverse one transaction in GL, there is a message appear "The date is not valid" so I cannot reverse it. I still can post the transaction as normal. Does any one know how to sovle this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Dave_CintronDave_Cintron Member Posts: 189
    Is it SQL? If so, check for dates like 0008 or 0208 instead of 2008 (I think 1753 is the earliest valid date)
    Dave Cintron
    Dynamics West
    http://www.dynamicswest.com
  • kokyas963kokyas963 Member Posts: 16
    the date is normal and valid
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    The message "Date is not valid" would point in the direction of an invalid date, not a valid one :-k . What is the exact message? When you get the message, do Ctrl+C, and then paste it into a reply in here.
    Msg Error is "the date is not Valid." , when I need to reverse the Gl Entries lines
    thanks friends,
    I have some lines in table 17 (GL/Entry) with blank Posting Date. this lines is deleted by the users .

thanks a lot.
  • MalajloMalajlo Member Posts: 294
    Don't allow access to such critical tables as GL Entry to users! Users should always use built-in functions and posting to correct mistakes. Such approach has some teaching moment also: "Be careful or you'll have to make corrections."