Go - Live / dataentry

ameenameen Member Posts: 217
Hi masters,

You had done lot of implementations, i need your valuable advice.

We have completed the customization and done transactions for 15 dsys. every thing is going smooth.

What i what to know is client is asking enter the data from July-2008 on wards for up to december 1 .
of course data will enter by client people,

December 15 th is Go - Live date .

what is your advice should i go with that to accept that data entry.

will i get any problems while entering dataentry,

so let me know will prefer THE ABOVE METHOD ?

what is your method when the client as k to enter the previous data inNavision.

what is the Go - Live method u follow to successful implementation?

Kindly help me on this issue.
ameen

Comments

• DigiTecKidDigiTecKid Member Posts: 46
    Why doesn't the client just enter the past data (July thru the end of October) themselves and then keep double books thru November. It seems very expensive to have you do this data entry. Also by doing this themselves they will get familiar/comfortable with how the data ends up in NAV. Changes can be made during the month to fine tune things and they will have less surprizes on the week of Dec. 15th.
    You'll have to ask them what level of detail they want for their history. Item level detail could take a lot of work. Invoice level detail could be imported into the sales journal if they wanted.
  • darshanmdarshanm Member Posts: 280
    Namaste!

Normally in the event where go live date is after 1st Aprl, we take the opening balances
    as on go live date.

e.g

NAV goes live as on 12th June'08.

if we diceded that System will Start from 1st June'08, then client has to give the opening
    balances as on 1st June'08 and they have to do the backlog entries from 1st June to as on date.
    Darshan Mungekar
    Senior Consultan
  • ameenameen Member Posts: 217
    Thanks,

The main problems with productions and consumptions , transfers .
    It is chemical company . they are maintaing the Lot number for rawmaterial .
    So it will take lot of time to do transactions by choosing the lot number for each item against transfers , receipts, Purchase re eipts, ..

The main problem with Inventory tracking. .

So what is your valuable advice.
    ameen
    please throw some informations....... ](*,)
    ameen
    Experts help me out from this issue........................
    ameen
    Namaste!

in such a scenario upload all the opening inventory with single Lot No.
    e.g OPENING LOT.

Till the time opening inventory finishes, let user track the Lot control out of NAV.
    After go live any new purchase will be start tracking with actual lot no.
    Darshan Mungekar
    Senior Consultan
    I hope that you can understand my problem.
    As senior implementer could u support to enter the backlog data
    For 3 months, or 6 months, or 1 year ?

Or just take the opening entries start the transactions from that day for live ?

Please throw your valuable information .

At least for next project we will take care about Back log.

Thanks and regards
    ameen
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    If the old system is still there and available there is no "real" need for the data to be in NAV - it will be horrendously expensive to get it in, and no value if you can prove traceablity elsewhere. If you have to do it there is actually little difference between 3, 6 or 12 months, once you start to get the format and process correct the data volume is then teh factor, and this should not be a great issue.

My advice is simple, if you can avoid it do so, it is expensive, troublesome and barely used once live.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
    Namaste!

Normally we start with opening balance entries instead of entering backlog entries of
    past 3- 6 months. because in such a scenario end users looses their enterest in new system
    and it will not be online anytime, also there are chanses of lot of wrong entries.
    Darshan Mungekar
    Senior Consultan